HID's or xenon's

Antony

Ex. Club Member
xenons or HID's or Metal halide or Gas discharge bulbs are all the same. they are the same lamps but with different names.

halfords type "xenon" bulbs are not Xenon bulbs. they uses the xenon gas but are still an incadenscent bulb. not a HID lamp. (the hig lamp uses an arc of electricity to create light rather than a glowing element)

it is illegal to have them fitted to a k11's headlights as they dont have auto leveling or the correct beam pattern.

i have them in H3 in my spot lamps however!

pjg1979

THIS IS MY BOOMSTICK!
H4 HID from RING have good beam pattern, but they are for offroad use only, Halfords and Ring supply a H4 +90% or for style a Extreme Blue +50% both are great bulbs.

danny1.0l

Ex. Club Member
get onto powerbulbs website they are cheap and if you spend over 15 quid you get the sidelight bulbs free and if your a club member you get a discount so its all good on that front

NeX

You're after my robot bee
Club Member
xenons or HID's or Metal halide or Gas discharge bulbs are all the same. they are the same lamps but with different names.

halfords type "xenon" bulbs are not Xenon bulbs. they uses the xenon gas but are still an incadenscent bulb. not a HID lamp. (the hig lamp uses an arc of electricity to create light rather than a glowing element)

it is illegal to have them fitted to a k11's headlights as they dont have auto leveling or the correct beam pattern.

i have them in H3 in my spot lamps however!

the beam pattern is generated by the glass, and you can still get away with them even if they are not auto leveling, as long as they are level when they get to the MOT.

most of the cars you see with HID seem to flash at you when they are behind you, because of the bumps and stuff, the auto leveling only works when you are loading the car, and some micras came with a level adjutment in the cockpit which would be good enough..

either way i have them in my driving lamps anyway

OP
OP
T
Yeah I often get people "flashing" me when the road is a lil bumpy. So if I was to get those xenons and put them in my k11 would that be ok would it pass the MOT etc?

OP
OP
T
Yeah I reckon that's a lie but i'm still after some xenons just don't want to get pulled or anything, not worth the hassle!

hids will pass a mot but it means gettin them foused right and they will just end up pointing on the ground and you wont see very much better off doing the spots and just put better bulbs in for the headlights

curtis

Ex. Club Member
You must have a headlight washer if you have HID etc
Also auto leveling

So its illegal

I have stuck with some illegal 100 watt rally bulbs :) They are great but are bright enough to blind other road users

pjg1979

THIS IS MY BOOMSTICK!
Your better off buying +30, +60 or even +100% brighter bulbs, though these bulbs woud have a slightly shorter life than a standard bulb they put much more light onto the road. Rally bulbs such as 100/90w or 130/100w bulbs do throw a lot of light onto oncoming traffic.

When I get the chance I'm going to set my Headlamp in the BeamTest lab at work so I can show all of you what the best bulb would be, only for K11 Facelift with the clear lens. Though this experiment cat take a couple of weeks though.

eltaylor001

North Rep
I've just got Halfrauds Extreme Brilliance bulbs they alright on brightness and currently buy one get one free (but they dam well should be for the price lol)

markbognor

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
Cheepest way to upgrade yer headlights is to Slow Down!

But if ya do want to spend some cash uprating the wiring is going to be much more sussessful than just splashing out on some new bulbs. Check out this thread for a how to, for adding relays to supply more current to yer existing bulbs, you might even find the bulb upgrade is unnessasary after all.

I'm really light sensitive. It really really p*sses me off when folk have badly aligned and ridiculously bright headlights, not to mention the twonks in X5s new mercs - well pretty much every new car actually. If you cant see well enough to drive at night with "normal" headlights then you shouldn't be driving at night*

*Ahhh calm now - appologies for the tirade.

OP
OP
T
people with bright lights do anoy me. I'm not looking to blind people just want a bit of ice blue colour. My dad had blue tints come standard with his nissan primera estate (that was an X reg) and they looked really good.

Shaun

***StaGGeRed***
them superwhite have a blue tint though? sod it ill see how it goes only a fiver no harm in trying.

i got em on mine got them from ebay from a company called xenons_uk or something like that cost me £5-£6 look at these pictures:
NewBulbs4.jpg

and now:
NewBulbs3.jpg

sorry if the images are too large :p

pjg1979

THIS IS MY BOOMSTICK!
Just a Quickie, H4 Standard vs +100% not in my Micra though, lol.

Attachments

• +100 H4.jpg
    +100 H4.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 294
  • Standard H4.jpg
    Standard H4.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 294
  • H4 +100.jpg
    H4 +100.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 279
  • H4 Standard.jpg
    H4 Standard.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 280

pjg1979

THIS IS MY BOOMSTICK!
They are 100% Legal and will be in stores now, Ring Automotive are the first to bring +100 onto the market.

BG101

Ex. Club Member
I fitted the 90% brighter "super white" ones in mine, they are brighter and give a cleaner light but I would hardly call it blue. Will try to remember to take some photos :)

BG