HID

camoxodka

car half done :)
okay so me a sr-steve tried and put the HIDs in and they work perfectly, but they are to small for the cup, is there any tips people could give me ?

OP
OP
C

camoxodka

well sr-steve ordered them i noticed that they were smaller than the actual hole. so basically he order h1 instead of h4, so i have just ordered some h4 so be here within a couple of days :D

Andy_S

I Love Booooooost!
Club Member
H4 will be dual beam unless u get bi xenon like I have which when you flash it utilises a magnet which raises the beam automatically like BMW or Mercs etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hid link http://www.phoenixautobulbs.co.uk/tp/hid-kits-new-legislation-2012/

the link above has loads of info regarding the retro fitting of hids which as i though aren't road legal
here is a clip from the above site

Under the Road Traffic Act 1988 it is an offence to supply, fit or use vehicle parts which are not legal.
In summary it is not permitted to convert an existing halogen headlamp unit for use with HID bulbs. The entire headlamp unit must be replaced with one designed and approved for use with HID bulbs and it must be installed in accordance with the rules stated above."

If you are found to be using lights which don't comply, in all likelihood, you may be reported to the Procurator Fiscal and may end up with a fine.
you also need to have a headlight self leveling system and a headlight washer system fitted as well,so its not just a straight forward swap over.

skymera

Brutal Honesty
And they need to be projectors bot lenses.

It all seems to be falling on deaf ears. Plenty of cars still blinding other road users yet we're just scrooges for bashing HIDs.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Forum Runner

OP
OP
C

camoxodka

And they need to be projectors bot lenses.

It all seems to be falling on deaf ears. Plenty of cars still blinding other road users yet we're just scrooges for bashing HIDs.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Forum Runner

i have read alot of your comments, however sr-steve has them but they have been adjusted so they don't blind anyone on the road they point right down. :)

sr-steve may have adjusted them so they don't blind anyone but it doesn't make it right as the reflector ,lens and bulb have to be type approved to ECE 98 .
to be honest I really don't see why people want hid's last week I have a courtesy car it was a 12 plate Mercedes E class sport and the lights on that where
no better than my cars headlights with 120% brighter xenon bulbs fitted , I would rather be road legal as its so easy to be stopped by the police for the smallest thing nowadays.