HID conversion

Pretty sure you need different light housing as it's illegal to just fit hid bulbs into a hallogen unit? Not a light expert but this is the general jist of it that I've been told in the past.

to legally fit them you need to have some sort of cleaning device for the lense as hid's have to be kept clean and possibly have a different housing to help get a pattern from the bulbs

If fitted they must be self-levelling and the self-levelling mechanism must work. Automatic MOT fail with the new MOT o_O.

Self cleaning, self levelling and PROJECTORS not lenses.

I think anyone any tosspot who uses HIDs in cars not designed for them are completely inconsiderate of other road users. They're blinding.
imo, it should be worth 3 points.

Mine are projectors and my adjustable level thing.works with them and correct fitment. Not sure on self cleaning though lol.
Got some pics I'll upload tomorrow

Basically if they arent fitted as standard you will find they fall short of the MOT test regulations on more than one criteria...Don't bother wasting yer money on them.. Buy something that will actually be legal and enhance the way your car drives instead....

my 8000k hid kit, was on highest adjustment setting for this, i normally drive with it on the second lowest setting for driving though,.
rh8x7d.jpg

Self cleaning, self levelling and PROJECTORS not lenses.

I think anyone any tosspot who uses HIDs in cars not designed for them are completely inconsiderate of other road users. They're blinding.
imo, it should be worth 3 points.

Well mines never seemed to have never blinded anyone i was pulled in a dodgy tyre last week and they checked the car as they do and they never said anything about them and it went through mot ok

Don´t know about UK regulations, but in Fin we have this kind of regulations for xenons:
-Cars registered for traffic 1.10.2000 must have: light washers, automatic height levelling and whole light unit for xenons (letters on unit: DC for low beam, DR for high beam, or DCR for both, halogens have only HCR marks).
-Cars registered 14.6.1995 and after: height adjuster (manual in cabin is ok), light units as above, light washers if xenons are installed afterwards (not stock).
-Cars registered before 14.6.1995: light units as above, light washers if xenons are installed afterwards (not stock).

Back