• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Hi there! Quick help needed....this mail was delivered to wrong location first - conversations - but I hope, now the location is right!?

Hi there!
As a brand new member of Your excellent club, I try to write as well as possible; My country of origin is Finland...so, please try to understand my possible misstakes in writing :) .
Shortly, there is a problem in my wife's Micra 1.3 GX (1999), CVT transmission. As I start the engine and draw it behaves usually normally first but soon after it has warmed up the problem starts: The driwing with speed 15-110 km/h - for example is not a problem, it behaves normally, but when slowing down to approximately under 15 km/h it starts braking itself and keeping an abrasive noise. Note: There is no problem with front wheel bearing or joint of a drive shaft. And the transmission oil was changed lately (to a Nissan Dealer oil). There is only 136 tkm in milometer and the wehicle itself has been under my good care for 8 years. Since now I have repaired everything in my cars for decades but now I don't have a clue what should I do? I would be interested to repair the transmission if possible with traditional tools and cheap.
Every club members' advice would be needed.
Regards,
Wille
P.S. I did not know how to put this New conversation to all of k11 recipients - so that's why only You got it; You became one of them (recipients) :)

have you tried a search on "carbon brushes" wille ? if its not those then most uk owners scrap the car due to costs

Yes, I have and I took them off and cleaned and measured the length - everything was ok. In addition to that I made 7 steps "self diagnostic" yesterday through the help of ignition+brake pedal+exelerating pedal. No problems with sensors. Late evening yesterday I even started to take off the oil pump, but believe it's of no use.
But anyway, thank You for your help, I continue searching....but finally...I believe I will change my Micra's transmission to manual one?!?

Regards,

Back