Hi Steering Lock on my 1990 Micra K10

Hi, the key is totally worn and I want to replace the barrel and I cant seem to find a way of removing the barellel and removing the steering lock. Any help would be appreaciated, as I tried copying the key but its that badly worn even the keycutter cant copy it lol im guessing the barell might be knackered too.

andy88

Ex. Club Member
i think its held on by sheer bolts, for security. not sure how to get them off though.

yep hes right,i ruined 4 chisels trying to get one off and in the end i found it was easier to change the whole steering column with the barrel attached.

i might be wrong with this, but dont nissan put a sticker with a key number on it ,inside the glove box, take the number to nissan and see if they can get you a new key.

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
If you know anyone with a K10, try their key. I know of several K10 keys opening up other people's Micra's lol. If you find one that works, get a copy of it!

Had to replace my steering lock cos some numptys broke in last year and smashed it. Local garage quoted me...£350? to replace and fit it! On the day of my MOT i went to the local scrappie, picked up a whole steering column for £15 and fitted it meself. Wasn't hard, and looked a lot easier than arsing around with the actual steering lock.