Hi MSC! New member!

S

siu16

Hi MSC, I am newly joined to this club just today. A bit about myself, I am a 24yr old regular salary man and currently own a 2001 K11 S & a 2003 K12 E. I did have an earlier 98 K11 but have given it to my sister. I was never really a Micra guy, but a few years ago i decided to buy my girlfriend a car and she wanted a micra, driving home in it took abit to getting used to but i was amazed how much fun it was to drive. It was very nippy and the return on MPG always put a smile on my face. Needless to say i am now a full on micra enthusiast.

Even doe i really like my K12, i have been havin a few problems with it, maybe someone can shed some light on it as i do not know how to fix it.

1) There is a very strong petrol smell inside and out side the car.

2) There is a very long hissssing sound when i take my foot of the brake pedal.

3) I recently had a flat battery and after jump starting, the stereo has now stoped working.

Thanks again!:k12yellow

welcome to the MSC! Have you tried checking to see if the fuel tank has cracked anywhere? or is it coming from the engine bay? If it's that strong tho i'd make sure it stays in the driveway!! :)

Hi, welcome to the MSC.

Petrol may be a damaged filler seal perhaps? When you undo your petrol cap can you feel the release of pressure or not? If so then you know that your fuel system is not air tight, could be a damaged seal or the tank may be weeping slightly.

I haven't checked the fuel tank yet. i know its below the rear seat but not too sure how to check it, it doesn't seem to be leaking doe. I will check the fuel filler cap pressure tomorrow, i don't remeber it having much pressure on release doe.:sick:

I checked the pressure from the fuel cap today, it didnt have any pressure at all. Whats would be the next course of action?:glare:

Back