hi just wondering on advice and help please

hi i have a k reg k10 it is a 1.2 super s just wondered whats its worth in parts or as whole?

basically one piston is not firing belived to be bottom end problem,
other bits on car bits of bubble rust apart from that pretty much sound thank you in advance

anyone please

Not sure on prices, But i would imagine it to be worth more in parts than as a non running car.

Mint super s's go for around £500? I expect noone to be willing to pay more than about £250 for a non running k10 to be honest.

Saying that, I'm a K11 guy, so i could be wrong.

you'll get good money for the parts mate, if the parts are in good condition i'd expect you to get from 500-900 in parts depending on what you sell. Arnold got about 900 for parts from a red usper a while back it had rusted so bad it had to be scrapped. working good condition super s's go for about 300-500 but to get 500 it would have to be perfect!

as a non runner i doubt you'll get much over £100 people dont like the hassle of changing engines even through its only a 3hour job, 4 bolts 4 pipes dirve shafts out job done :) done it enough times :p

How do you know thats the problem?
Could be a Mixture of problems
Ignition timing, and Ignition components, one spark plug could be earthing, or a lead could be rubbish, even new leads can be faulty.
Its always worth getting a New Dizzy cap, and i dont know if the K10's have Points, and such that Minis do but they frquently ###### up!

hi thanks for all the replies i have done numerous test ie new istrubutor, commpression test various leads and plugs etc all comes down to a bottom end problem think i will take the £130 a scrappy offered me shame but thats they way the cookie crumbles i suppose

hi its in eastbourne and the chassis is in excellent condition like i said few bubble rust on doors and engine apart from that its ok still run's btw

furby

if its got a spark and compression, i doubt its the piston or rings
could it be a broken rocker or misplaced pluglead (firing order) ?

A reminder to all, Furby needs to have the MSC seller account or be an official member to sell on the forums.

A couple of people are interested in parts Furby, but you need to do the above, and i'l restore there posts for you.

Back