Hi I have just got an Acenta 2010 ,

It was my sister's car and has done 25 thousand miles, I would like to take it to France in June, so the question is how to change the headlights from left to right hand dip ?

Mika The Finn

Site Supporter
It was my sister's car and has done 25 thousand miles, I would like to take it to France in June, so the question is how to change the headlights from left to right hand dip ?
Why? If you are just visiting in France, you don't need to do anything to lights! :rolleyes:
If you are moving to France, ask about their laws, rules & MOT procedures!
By buying used or new right hand dip headlights, from Germany, France, Spain, Italy etc.!
Where people normally drive on 'right' side of the roads! ;)
You might find continental Europe headlights also from UK, fairly cheap...

Last edited:
Cant you still get those stickers that just cover the other side's kick up?
Check for insurance and all the other stuff since brexit happened too.

Mika The Finn

Site Supporter
I am just going for a week and it is a legal requirement to have the lights dip to the right hence the question.
My limited understanding of vehicle lights, if you are visiting in France you don't need to worry about this.
If you live in France with your 'wrong' side drive vehicle, then you need to do something!
How about islands folks, that every year go to vacation to continental Europe.
Have you ever heard anyone in UK changing headlights, when they are visiting continental Europe?!;)
:unsure:

Hi,

I've had a look into this as I may be driving to Italy in the summer, it is a legal requirement to adjust the headlights to travel in France with a UK vehicle, and the RAC website has some helpful tips on French laws and what you need to do before travelling:

The use of beam deflector stickers is mentioned in this page under "other items"

Hope this helps :)

OK the definitive answer is that Eurolite the manufacturer of the deflectors list the Micra K12 on their information sheet,I will buy some and screenshot the relevant bit.