Hi guys

E

e15et

Hi i am from barbados i was told about this site from my friend the beastwithin. He not lying his engine is what he say it is and i am his friend as the name suggest with the e15et.

i was told that some of you guys belive that my conversion is a waste of time i beg to differ my engine is 100 hp standard and my engine is far from standard my comp ration 9.0:1 i have a mild cam full msd igintion system a t25 turbo a custom intercooler and a b14 sentra manual radiator 21/4 inch exhaust from down pipe back a verry light flywheel not sure how much it weighs my computer has been modified and i have a b12 sunny shocks and coil ovesr on the front with 350 pound springs and b14 sentra shocks on the back with b14 lowering springs i will post pic of my car tommorow it is not finished but i will be by march. The beastwithin has a ga16 that has been bored with over size e15et pistons and we have another member in our camp who will probally join the forum tommorow and my march is completely shelled out i plan to be around 130 -140 hp on 7psi and when i turn it up i want to be a least 175 and i don't see any 1200 turbo making that so easy no disrespect but there is no replacement for displacement so 1500 has to be better than 1200:laugh: i am not saying i have the best car in the world or i don't mean to offend any but when rommel (BEASTWITHIN) told me about the forum and i read that one of you guys said it was a waste of time i had to respond. I applogise iF i offend anybody but an e15et in a march is probally the best every day driver street racer transplant it has good potential power and 100hp in aproximately 730kgs is better power to weight ratio than a suziki swift gti toyota levin i even dare say a honda civic and all you have to do is turn up the boost put in an intercooler and ignition and reach 150 the 1200 does not have that power poteintal at such sort reach and anything bigger than a ga15,16 engine would have to be strictly a drag car becouse it would be uncomfortable unless you spend allot of money which i don have and i do belive 175 horse power in 730 kgs would excede the power to weight ratio of a evo and wrx and a even a gtir. Whats so bad about that???

Ed

Fusion Motorsport
MSC Founder
Official MSC Trader
Hi long post there. I've moved your post to the K10 general chat area. Anyway, Sounds interesting, I look forward to seeing photos, that will be great. Please excuse any questioning you get as quite simply so many make claims that are never backed up we just take what is said with a pinch of salt until its proven. I do unerstand what you mean about the good power to weight you can get from a Micra. I have a March ST which is stripped down at the moment. That was 150-160 bhp from a 930cc engine running at 21 psi of boost. It was great fun :) And should be even better when its back (oneday):down:

quickdraw

Ex. Club Member
as ED says about the people who have come and gone with claims.
i myself aso know about the bhp to weight ratio as i too have been working these calculations as i am midway throught he ga16 conversion into the k10. u may well be bold in saying the honda civic. as the bhp to weight ratio from my motor as it is weight out at just under 2bhp MORE than what the hinda civic is as standard aswell.
power to weight ratio wise.
this is without the hotshot headers etc that are easily accesably to the ga16 engine.

i also look forward to seeing what you have done. and welcome you aswell to the forums. we just hope that your claims are correct. as it is a step forward to getting people to realise what can be achieved. and is becoiming as of late alot more in the face of people. within and not so within the micra related community

please get your photos and issues that you had to overcome to achieve the goal you have acheived.

hope to hear more soon

OP
OP
E

e15et

I don't believe in lying about your car so i won't, i know what i have and as soon as i can i will prove what i said i have.

thanx for the quick response
i look forward to sharing and receiving valuable micra info.

kev_mono72

Ex. Club Member
sounds like yiz know yer stuff, any suggestions of a fairly easy engine transplant into a '92 K10? I got a 988 in it at da moe, lookin to sumtin bigger, prefrably wit a turbo in the future, any suggestions wud b greatly appreciated!

quickdraw

Ex. Club Member
ga16 is the only way to go.

or you can go the whole hearted approach and think sod it and do the full sr20 conversion.

depends what you know, WHO you know and what type of contacts you got.
these are the 3 main things i believe you WILL need to be able to do a good conversion correctly

wayne

kev_mono72

Ex. Club Member
Ga16, dat wud b crazy, its all down to power to weight! Dats a lot of power and not a lot of weight, i only weigh 9 stone too! Where wud i go to to buy a GA16 tho? Buy one and do an engine swap? Hav a 1.6 Micra and a 1.0 pulsar?! YES!

quickdraw

Ex. Club Member
you can get them out of the almera 1.6 or the primera 1.6 (like mine)
then you have 2 choices in both from the carbed verion and the injectors version. witht he carb (easier transplant, and one im doing) u dont need to alter ne thing to do with fuel lines and pump etc.
witht he injectors u will need to locate an electric pump somewere with enough power to supply and feed the fuel up to the engin. something like a landrover pump :D

is actualyl an easy conversion.
just depends on who u know what u know..!!!

kev_mono72

Ex. Club Member
I see, are the engine mounting brackets the same on both cars yeah? How are u gettin on wit urs, any problems r anytin? How much is it gona cost u in the end do u know?

quickdraw

Ex. Club Member
well i got the engine for nothing and am doing all the work myself so it is gonna cost me practically nothing. price of materials. which most again i already have
the drivers side mount is different.
i have everything ready to start the conversion but im gonan have to throw my new 1.2 in for now whilst i get it back on road. body wise as i want it at donny.

so we shall see how it goes but it will be in for sure well before JAE.

kev_mono72

Ex. Club Member
Cool, is it hard to make up a new mount? I wudnt chance it myself, so what im askin is wud it b expensive to get done? And is it as reliable as an engine that was made for the car?
Keep us informed and good luck with it!