Hi and welcome All......Oil..oil everywhere

Hi all and Welcome.

This is my first post so I would like to say Hi.
Hope you dont mind if i introduce myself, We bought this stunning 1.2 micra S 2004, in sexy grey colour as our daily driver, mostly for my wife. Car is supposed to take the mileage off my other car which is Subaru Legacy B4 RSK, but do not get me wrong, being daily does not mean not well maintained..

Micra has had 4 owner since 2004 and has only 65000 on the clock (can i trust this? i dont know).

There are few things to sort out, like clutch and breaks, few broken trim pieces to be replaced, i think the dashboard was out at some point so I presume car has some bad history.

Hope you do not mind if I ask about few problems I have already spotted, just to confirm my thinking:
There is a major oil leak, looks like its coming from between the gearbox and the engine.
Is the gasket between engine and gearbox prone to failure? is it a common thing? (it only showed up after I gave it some good spanking)
Is the gearbox oil shared with the engine oil ? If yes What is the max capacity ?
How labor heavy is the clutch change? in hours for a skilled mechanic.
There is a red cable coming off the positive terminal battery inside the car with the rest of the loom. Is it some kind of "standard" modification to add extra power somewhere ?? Car has not got any ICE apart from stock parts. no amps, nothing like this.

Hope you dont mind me asking questions, thanks for your patience and help,
Tomek

Welcome. Get under the car at the rear of the engine you will find the oil filter. I would guess this is leaking and the oil is running along sump to gearbox.
If thats ok and it is from inside bellhousing there is a 12mm allan key bolt that leaks. Clutch is doen easilly within 4 hours. I used to do them in about 2 1/2 hours on a good day. Gearbox holds 2 litres of mtxz nissan gear oil. Engine is 3.2l 10w40. Get a pic of the wire and i will tell you what its for.

Back