Hey guys, please help with my mods gone wrong.....(Joke)

Hey guys, I've got a 98 1.3. I've had a exhaust manifold and chip for a while and wanted to get more performance. I was recommended to port and polish the intake and exhaust. We found out they used abrasive material to do it like gritty sand. So I got with my friend that tunes Hondas and we decided to try it ourselves. We got a bag of sandblasting sand and hooked up into the intake and started the car. We had to hold the gas so it would run. He wanted to let the engine suck in the sand through the intake so it would port it out and then push it out the ehxaust so it would port the exhaust manifold.
I was worried that it might cause problems but he figured it'd be OK as long as we didn't hit the rev limiter. After running the car and letting it suck in sand we got about half way through a 10kg bag. The check engine light was on and the engine was bucking and kicking and sounding really weird. We stopped and hooked the car back up normal and took off the sand supply. We tried to start it again and it was really hard. Once started it couldn't idle and kept making weird noises. We took it out and drove it and it started to make scraping and knocking noises.
Help! Can anyone tell me what to do! My buddy only does Hondas so he doesn't know much about Micras.

frank

Club Member
i would hookup the garden hose to the inlet whipet, and flush all that sand through, twill be sound as a pound then ;)

ollyc98

Ex. Club Member
I'd love to help but I have fallen off my chair laughing, if this is serious then you need a new engine as the sand didn't comress so you're lookin at bent conrods, twisted valves, crap in your engine, lols

Replacing the engine is pretty straightforward but remember to use a left-hand modified adjustable spanner and don't forget to top up your indicator fluid

i would hookup the garden hose to the inlet whipet, and flush all that sand through, twill be sound as a pound then ;)

I'd love to help but I have fallen off my chair laughing, if this is serious then you need a new engine as the sand didn't comress so you're lookin at bent conrods, twisted valves, crap in your engine, lols

Replacing the engine is pretty straightforward but remember to use a left-hand modified adjustable spanner and don't forget to top up your indicator fluid

:laugh: :laugh:

funky2nite

Ex. Club Member
oh my dear lord! could this ever be true! what were you thinking...to widen things up maybe..?

squarepants you sure it's a joke ? it'd better be! poor ride!

Low Rider

Poindexter
Founding Member
Club Member
The answer is in the title, it's amazing how many people don't fully read things before replying lol ;)

ollie240585

Ex. Club Member
Did you use builders sand or play sand?

Builders sand with it being slightly rougher will smooth those ports nicely.

Play sand is a bit safer as it'll flow through the valves nicely

mullet

Ex. Club Member
what you really need is a flux capacitor attach that to the fallopian tube comming off the second spark plug and that will pick up all the sand and turn them to bricks and bild you a new garage while its at it :L :p