hey everyone!! check out my matt yellow micra :D

hi everyone, just thought it was time to start this thread on my car :D

well, where do i start.....

i bought the car last year in november for £120 :D
it had 3 weeks mot and 2 months tax
it is a 1994 1.0 5 door beast haha
i was very satisfied with my buy :D
i origonally bought it as a run around just to get to work.
but after a few days i fell in love with the car :D
first modification was some wheels. i bought some vauxhall cav slabs for £60, painted them gloss black then stuck them on :D
they looked good but i wasnt satisfied with the arch gap :L so i got my grinder out and started chopping away :p
.....anyway im not gonna bore everyone with this so i will just list the mods.
15" cav slabs
chopped springs
nice cold air feed in front passenger wing ;)
stripped out interior
roll cage
i cut my front arches by about 1 to 1.5" to get the front lower without rubbing the wheels
vw golf gti plastic arches to cover the cut arches
painted with matt yellow floor marking spray paint, yes thats it. floor marking spray paint :p
well take a look at the pics for yourself, let me know what you think :D

http://s1099.photobucket.com/albums/g393/sean_carter/?action=view&current=DSCF7813.jpg

Seb_

Give me some frogs.
Site Supporter
120£ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You don't even have a bike here for the this price ! :eek:

Just finished browsing your photobucket, awesome work !

r-reg-sr

-------
Site Supporter
i think sleeper was screeming for a yellow one too show up
speaking for myself this ones stung me HARD
must be the way the rims and all go together really well:grinning: smashed me up!
DSCF9180.jpg

hey everyone, cheers for the comments.

i need your help.
at the moment i have no engine in it :S
i was thinking of a newer 1.3 engine from a late 90's micra (more power i heard??)
or a nissan 100nx 1.6 engine??
or anything else that is pretty simple to fit?? and low cost, because thats the idea.
i havent spent over £200 yet on my car :D

Shaun

***StaGGeRed***
hey everyone, cheers for the comments.

i need your help.
at the moment i have no engine in it :S
i was thinking of a newer 1.3 engine from a late 90's micra (more power i heard??)
or a nissan 100nx 1.6 engine??
or anything else that is pretty simple to fit?? and low cost, because thats the idea.
i havent spent over £200 yet on my car :D
That is an awesome Budget! :D while you have nothing in there you may aswell go bigger! :p

NeX

You're after my robot bee
Club Member
all 1.3s are the same, 1.6 is only 102bhp with a cast iron block, so its heaver but has more torque. i would suggest 1.3 turbo or 2.0

i was thinking, keep it simple, 1.3 engine will go straight in, no hassle. apparently the 1.6/2.0 conversion is a bit of work and this project isnt to make a 'sleeper' as such, its just a budget build. a 1.6 or a 2.0 will weigh a fair bit more than a little 1.3 engine. i dont want to put a big engine in it as it may mess up the handling aswell?? i would rather have a great running 1.3 than a unreliable 2.0 :L

NeX

You're after my robot bee
Club Member
i was thinking, keep it simple, 1.3 engine will go straight in, no hassle. apparently the 1.6/2.0 conversion is a bit of work and this project isnt to make a 'sleeper' as such, its just a budget build. a 1.6 or a 2.0 will weigh a fair bit more than a little 1.3 engine. i dont want to put a big engine in it as it may mess up the handling aswell?? i would rather have a great running 1.3 than a unreliable 2.0 :L

the 1.6 is not actually that much work, but it is much heavier for minimal gain, the 2.0 is alloy and probably about the same (if not less) weight than the 1.6. and the 2.0 is still nissan and still reliable, they are very good engines.

the only problem with handling that you might have, is if you have a significantly longer off side driveshaft, then you may find it torque steers under hard acceleration. other than that it should be fine, the engine doesn't have any effect on the geometry of the suspension and makes very little difference to the weight distribution. you could even put the battery in the back if you are really bothered about it.

Antony

Ex. Club Member
old on... how did you get those wheels, suspension and roll cage fopr £200? :laugh:

i love this car. shame its a 5 door, but its still the best looking micra i have ever seen!

old on... how did you get those wheels, suspension and roll cage fopr £200? :laugh:

i love this car. shame its a 5 door, but its still the best looking micra i have ever seen!

haha :D well, i bought the car for £120,
wheels were £60,
roll cage was out of my brothers old car ;)
paint £20-£30,
the springs cost £0 because their chopped ;) (only for now though, coilovers will be going on)
i had the vw arches laying about from my old golf,
and then made money back by selling my gearbox for £40 and throttle body for £20. so i think im doing pretty well :D

pics :D
when i first got the car :)

DSCF7813.jpg
[/IMG]

chopped springs and cav slabs

DSCF7927.jpg
[/IMG]

stripped out interior

DSCF7959.jpg
[/IMG]

roll cage

DSCF8433.jpg
[/IMG]

DSCF8590.jpg
[/IMG]

and as it is now :)

DSCF9067.jpg
[/IMG]

Guy

Has gone over to the oily side...
Club Member
If you finish the bonnet in the same yellow, this will be one of the coolest K11s EVER (Y).

Robb

Site Supporter
Haha one word for this car, WIN!

Its such a bold project yo dont need to justify any bit of it. (Y)

peposhi

Once I win the Euromillions...
You deserve only admiration!
You've put a lot of work in it and the result is a K11 that stands out!
(Y)(Y)

silvia14

Club Member (Trial)
That actually looks rather good!! (Y)

Same Golf arches as mine......... although yours are a little more trimmed than mine lol

Like the paint idea too!!