Help

• Thread starter Deleted member 29304
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 29304

Hello Everyone, Can anyone tell me what is fitted to underside of my 2002 K11, should there any plastic parts to protect the running gear and the engine or a reinforcement bar for the bumper which appears not to be there!! I bought this car back in July 17 "sold as seen" which is not that great as there was no paper work with it except the V5 . I have checked the dvla mot records & the mileage is correct but apart from that I have no idea what is missing under engine aera. Car runs great as it was owned by a garage & used as a coutousy car for 5 years until I bought. It does not have a front towing loop and what type would you go for other than the orignal?

can anyone help me !!!??**

Peter Rowley

There are two plastic pieces that fit to the under side. They join in the middle of the front cross member and go back to just before the sump and out to the sides. Most ppl remove them or don't refit them after working on the car as they trap water around the cross member and hinder getting to the exhaust down pipe.

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk

Well my K12 has no plastic under tray, so probably not on the K11 either and this appears to be the only bumper reinforcement fitted to the K11....
p-3351-NIK11-BI.jpg

250663645483.png

Which appears to be fitted on the 2000 model, but not on 2001 or 2002 cars......
If you have a Haynes Manual for your car there should be a couple of underside views quite near the front to compare your car with....

There are two plastic pieces that fit to the under side. They join in the middle of the front cross member and go back to just before the sump and out to the sides. Most ppl remove them or don't refit them after working on the car as they trap water around the cross member and hinder getting to the exhaust down pipe.

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk
Thank you for the info I only wanted to refit the plastic inner wheel arches on both side is it possible without the plastic sides. And where does the reinforcement bumper bar go on my 2002 k11 as JohnD says that it is not fitted to models after 2000 is that correct? Yours Peter0003

It looks like the 2001/2002 cars have the stiffening member integral in the bumper......
Below is the mounting details for the 2001/2 cars.
14031939985316.png

from what i remember from removing my bumper to fit my Impul one, onto my 51 plate k11. There was just the two mounting points and that was it

Hello Everyone, Can anyone tell me what is fitted to underside of my 2002 K11, should there any plastic parts to protect the running gear and the engine or a reinforcement bar for the bumper which appears not to be there!! I bought this car back in July 17 "sold as seen" which is not that great as there was no paper work with it except the V5 . I have checked the dvla mot records & the mileage is correct but apart from that I have no idea what is missing under engine aera. Car runs great as it was owned by a garage & used as a coutousy car for 5 years until I bought. It does not have a front towing loop and what type would you go for other than the orignal?

can anyone help me !!!??**

Peter Rowley
Thank you for all the information guys

My 2000 has a bumper reinforcement bar, 98 one doesn't

I have just checked out the bumper mounting on my k11 by lying on my back & shining a torch under the bumper and have found the bumper mounting are fitted but the bumper is not attached to it. The mounts appear to be either fitted inthe wrong way round, ie left on the right side and right on the left so that the bolt hole to the bumper don't aline properly. So this Saturday I'm going to take the bumper off and take a look and do something about it..

My 2000 has a bumper reinforcement bar, 98 one doesn't
So yours is early 2000 car, manufactured prior to August?...The changeover to integral bumper reinforcement from the separate bar seems to have occurred in August 2000 and kept with the K11's till the K12's started to be manufactured in November 2002. Likewise the separate reinforcement bar only appeared on cars manufactured from February 1998, so your 1998, without one, car would appear to have been manufacture before February, probably manufactured late 1997 and first registered in 1998..........

I have just checked out the bumper mounting on my k11 by lying on my back & shining a torch under the bumper and have found the bumper mounting are fitted but the bumper is not attached to it. The mounts appear to be either fitted inthe wrong way round, ie left on the right side and right on the left so that the bolt hole to the bumper don't aline properly. So this Saturday I'm going to take the bumper off and take a look and do something about it..
This might help.....
25063936911902.png

So yours is early 2000 car, manufactured prior to August?...The changeover to integral bumper reinforcement from the separate bar seems to have occurred in August 2000 and kept with the K11's till the K12's started to be manufactured in November 2002. Likewise the separate reinforcement bar only appeared on cars manufactured from February 1998, so your 1998, without one, car would appear to have been manufacture before February, probably manufactured late 1997 and first registered in 1998..........
Yes, earlyish 2000, first facelift. 98 is a pre facelift

Hi I found out that my k11 was built October 2002 and my car is not a 1998 model but one of the last ones. Peter0003

Back