Help with windscreen washer jets

Hi there happy Micra people, can you help me out please ?

My windscreen washer jets are all bunged up. I've tried poking them with a needle and that only made matters worse...DOH !

I would imagine that I need to remove the jet thingy from the bonnet. I've tried pulling & pushing but the things are stuck like glue. How are you supposed to get the little ######s off ? Alternatively can you suggest a way of clearing the jets without removal ? No smarty pants:grinning: answers please ..LOL!

Napster

And the Wide Green Bug
is it "bunged up" right by the jets? or down in water tubing pipe?

the jets are fairly stuck down yes, but if you open ur bonnet and "push" them out! that should work!!!
how did the "needle" make it worse

frank

Club Member
hi mcwill

if you pull them forwards they,ll tilt out, there might be a springloaded ball in the bottom that sticks iirc

Robert

Ex. Club Member
I have the same problem since i swapped my bonnets, also tried a needle in the holes but didnt work..

Have to have a look tomorrow i think, wasn't sure what to do!

OP
OP
M
Napster

Basically I know that the water is reaching the connection under the bonnet i.e. the water is coming out of the tubing. However when I apply the water pump via the steering wheel lever, only a small trickle of water appears from the jets. This is nothing like a jet of water. Hence I'm guessing something has bunged up the jets ?

Does the actually 'top bit' i.e. the bit with the jets in actually come off bonnet ?

Napster

And the Wide Green Bug
*dont hit me* but u have got water in your washer tank?? just...if u havent got water in there, it will just "trickle out"......sorry to have asked such a stupid question. my apologies, but just narrowing down the problem??

once u have disconneted the jet from the bonnet, remove the piping and check the underside (inside) of the jet, or what you can see!!

sorry
naps

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Another thing is do you have screen wash or water in there. If it's water, it might be frozen.

pjg1979

THIS IS MY BOOMSTICK!
Detach the hoses from the jets and get a friend to do the squirting action, if they're quite powerful then it should be the jets, I have two spare floating around if you want them? Message me with adress details if you want them.

Robert

Ex. Club Member
To remove the jets..

pict0079la4.jpg

Open the bonnet, look underneath and it's pretty obvious how the jets come off. Squeeze the two clips.

pict0080hn8.jpg

Squeeze the clips and the jet pops out from the top.

pict0081mm9.jpg

Pull the jets off the hosing.

Refitting is exact reverse (Y)

I've just done this to mine, sprayed with WD40, poked with a needle, still only one of the 4 jets works.. Cant find a way of blowing air through them, i have no air line.. Any other ideas?

Chrisxn

Ex. Club Member
Removing them can be a ######.. Mine were real tight.. Try getting some pliers around them but be careful not to snap them!!!!

Once you get em off, check it is a blockage in the jets themselves by blowing through them ***BE CAREFUL** Not to swallow any washer liquid!! Rinse ur mouth out after too :)

If they are blocked once you got em off... Maybe leave them in some kinda of drain unblocker for a while then try puttin water through em?

I've not had this problem so Im guessing!!!

Alternatively, Could it be a problem with pressure? Or even the washer pump itself?

Had that problem on my old Cinquecento!!!

Hope this helps

Chris

Robert

Ex. Club Member
I used to have a cinq sporting! Loved that car.

Liquid is coming from the hoses to the jets so I'm certain it's the jets at fault.
Didn't think of drain unblocker.. Might try that tomorrow evening..

Chrisxn

Ex. Club Member
Haha! That was my stroke of genious!

Off topic I know but there should be a section on here for people who had Centos... Theres a fair few :D

Good luck with the jets :D Lemme know if the drain blocker worked :)

Chris.