Help with removing shift knob sleeve adapter

Hi guys, new here.
A few months ago I bought Nissan micra k13 2015.
From some reason I'm having way too much trouble replacing the old gear shift knob.
The new one is threaded yet the old one when I pulled it out has this weird white plastic sleeve adapter on the gear stick that just won't budge.
Twisting both directions and pulling almost as hard as I can doesn't seem to work, zero movement.
Using pliers with full force I'm afraid to do because I feel like I'm going to break something, I tried using a small flat head screwdriver and a hammer and that also didn't work. The damn thing from hell might be also glued on the stick.
Not sure how to get this adapter off.
Any suggestions?

Attachments

• 20200929_191138.jpg
    20200929_191138.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 472
Last edited:
For this you could try a vice and a mallet that's how I had to remove the shifter knob but this did not remove that part.
However the same idea might work.
The down side is it would have to be off the car for this to be done.
Maybe someone has a way of doing it in place but I would avoid that unless it does not require impact.
Possibly vice grips might work if your not wanting to keep the part.?

Let's see what others recommend first tho before you do remove the part hopefully you can save time and work.

Other than that might have to break the plastic or cut it some how without damaging the metal part.
My problem is I put the one with cream plastic back on and this was the wrong one the plastic part does not give much option for mods.

Last edited:
Let's assume it's glued as the k12 one is.
If this is the case you could try heating it up gently with either a heat gun or hair dryer.
How it's attached might not be with glue but this may let go if it's heated.
This would if done without melting it. Allow for replacement should you want to change back to the stock part later on.
I may try this method out on the old mech I have.
Because originally I wanted to add a custom shifter like what's in a golf.
And its frustrating that nothing really fits that connection other than the stock part.

Last edited:
Let's assume it's glued as the k12 one is.
If this is the case you could try heating it up gently with either a heat gun or hair dryer.
How it's attached might not be with glue but this may let go if it's heated.
This would if done without melting it. Allow for replacement should you want to change back to the stock part later on.
I may try this method out on the old mech I have.
Because originally I wanted to add a custom shifter like what's in a golf.
And its frustrating that nothing really fits that connection other than the stock part.
I'll try this out, thank you!
And it is frustrating that someone put this useless piece of plastic there, at least from what I saw almost all knobs are threaded, a simple lefty loosey to take it off and that's it.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Micra Sports Club mobile app

Back