help with my stereo

hello i switched from my p reg vibe today to my l reg lx and i want to change the stereo over. i got the factory fitted one out the lx and went to plug my one from the vibe into the lx. problem is its not a direct plug and play. the thing is with the vibe the connector i got with the stereo clipped straight onto the ones in the back of the vibe. with the lx it isnt the same the connector appears to be older.

is there a way i can buy an adaptor or something so i dont have to go snipping wires and mix n matching.

this is the connector that came with the stereo that plugged straight onto the connectors in the vibe and into my stereo.

Photo0225.jpg

alright there mate check out the brighton marina meet on the 6th feb be good to get more people theres 14 confirmed already.... its in the south meets if your near kingston areas etc i can meet you with r-reg-sr etc and we shall convoy it

DizzySpell you see in the bottom picture you have there. there is a wire with that small round hoop. what is it for? i cant see what i need to connect it to and my stereo isnt work so maybe thats the cause, either that or maybe the fuse.

Yeah it will. Connect to a screw on the metal cage I think. Im no electrical expert though so maybe elsewhere?

ok so screw the earth to the cage and all should be well, if not ill try the fuse.

thanks again

no, the cage is,nt earthed iirc, you have to earth to the chassis (there,s a brace/bracket either side of the middle dash section)

thanks for the help guys screwed in the earth and all was well.

i think it helps to have the aerial in as well not sure if it makes a difference but worth trying to anyone who has had trouble.

Hi Peeps,

first post.

I just switched the stereo in my "new" K11. The old and the new stereos both happily earth through the aerial plug (the stereo doesn't work without the aerial plugged in). But if you have an earth cable then you do want to screw it down to the car body somewhere. If you leave it flopping around it might touch something it shouldn't and create a short circuit... blown fuses, melted wires etc might follow.

On my Micra, once I got the centre fascia off (two screws under the ashtray then unclip) the stereo was held in with 4 screws. Only the right 2 are suitable for screwing an earth to as the others only connect to plastic.

lol the night after posting that, I connected up my hands-free kit and it and the stereo died. After lots of fannying around adding another earth and checking all the pinouts again, I found that I'd pulled the fuse out the back of the stereo along with the connector. :doh::wasntme:

Back