help with k10 induction kit

alien10

Ex. Club Member
iam looking in to getting an induction kit for my 1.2 k10, but iam unsure on what will fit and how, and what would be a good kit.

plus i got a new pan filter from halfords today, i got the one the halfords recomed for the k10, but its smaller than the original filter and its not as hard as the original as well.

also i found this kit on ebay, would this kit fit my k10

Click here

there is no set induction kits but options are:
K&N bolt on
Plastic tubing and universal filter

Basicly cheapest and easiest to get some drain pipe from what ive heard :p

the one in the link may fit but is for later micras so im not sure. the second one may also need a bit of adapting.

The K10 carb is 60mm and the k11 TB is 70mm so wont be a direct fit,
I got a 2.5 inch alloy intercooler elbow, drilled a hole in it at the elbow so it would use the original bolt thing to attach then I put a cone filter on the end

right iam confussed now on what to get, to be fair i know nothing about engines at all, so if you guys could tell me an induction kit would kit the k10 and were i could find one, and install with out any mod's would be good, as i don't realy want to be messing around with the engine to much to mess it up, don't feel confident enought to be playing around in there to much.

and that will fit with no mod's to be made

silly question how does it fit on if you don't mind me asking

thats it, well i think i can manage that lol, next payday iam going to get one.

another question, on my air pan theres two block's on either side with wires conected to them, what they for and what do i do with them once the induction kit is on?

full of question to nite guys sorry

thats good then

cheers moddedmicra for the help, now i know which induction kit to get and were from, excellent

the K&N element air filter is equally as good, if not better, than the bolt on. It's the K&N equivilent of the halfords filter you got earlier, but allows you to use the standard air pan, and can be cleaned using the recharge kit so you never have to chuck it. A bit cheaper than the bolt on filter too.

the Pan replacement is good as ive had two now, i keep finding them at scrappies! ;)

You will probably have to block the breather hose that come off the standard air pan if you want the bolt on, otherwise the car will not run very well until hot. I used a screw, but not so that it damaged the hose itself.

Go for the air pan replacement, then all it is, is replacing the air filter, instead of taking off the whole air pan!

Im going to the scappies this weekend, so if i find one ill PM you.

well i was just going to use a breather filter and one of those mushroom filters on mine, but if i keep mine now i'll cbr carb it anyway.

If you want noise, get the whole replacement. If you want power (and less heat soak) get the pan replacement and a cold air feed using the standard pan.

cheers dude, iam taking the one i got from halfords yesterday back, said driving up the motorway this morning and the car heated up quicker than normal, nearly went to max.

on the way back i put the old one back and it only went just over half way, bam halfords :down:

yes slyboogie iam after more power (and less heat soak)

cut a lil hole in the bonnet make some perspec cover so rain dosnt get in but in hot days can pop the intake out the bonnet :) lol

Back