Help with focus

Optispart

Ex. Club Member
Hi guys, im having a really annoying problem with the focus i flushed and changed the coolant, and all is good but it now overheat after a bit of motorway driving, its been doing it a good month or so, i dont think its airlock i cant be sure i know that if i open the lid of the expansion tank it flows back down and is cool again for a while, its annoying becuase i have to drive along at 50 :/
Please any ideas guys
cheers

anybody lol

How would i release air locks?

Erm, unless it has separate bleeding points.. I would just take off the cap on the top of the radiator (when it isn't hot) and just run the engine for the while.

Make sure your heater is working (when at normal operating temperature), if it isn't then your thermostat is funky. Just take off the cap and the expansion tank cap then run the engine until it hits normal temperature. Hopefully you should see bubbles of air rise from these points.

Well, my Grandad's Mondeo over heats. When the AC is switched on, the temp gauge show's that the engine is nearly cold after 3 minutes or so. However yes, in most cases just use the heater.

Ok so i ran it up to normal temp with the lid off the expansion tank let the bubbles escape also swapped my tank lid for my dads mondeo mine was rusted :\
And his was clean i took it on the motorway and drove heavy doing 70 for a fair bit hammered it round stockport then back on the motorway at 70 all the way back, this would had definatley overheated before and its not done it once yet, so hopefully its solved fingers crossed! :)

its back stupid car! :(
i can hear alot of gurgling noises around the head any ideas? maybe flush the head like full system flush?

Can't believe your still having trouble with this, I do have a quick question for you, does your rear squirter work?

Back