Help with diagnosis of...

Smc92

Ex. Club Member
right guys, im really struggling with this one, when i drive my car it feels like a wheel could be buckled, but there is like a creaking sort of noise, when i set off and brake (sometimes when i go down little bumps in the road aswell), i jacked my car up and spun the wheel and tried rocking it up, down and side to side to see if its the wheel bearings but thats pretty solid, i tried spinning the wheel to see if the wheel was buckled and the wheel didnt feel like it was spinning freely, like the pads were gripping onto the disk more than they should which then made me think, has the piston in the caliper seized? but i just dont understand the noise, i changed the cv joint last weekend so i think that can be ruled out, but yeah im struggling so any advice guys?

Cheers, much appreciated :)

A video may help diagnosis mate
The stiffness could very well be a sticky calliper or the sliders could be seized pull the wheel off and have a nosey once the piston is pushed in it should slide freely
The creaking sounds most likely to be a suspension component check springs haven't snapped, or the strut rods haven't bent, corroded, push the car down see if it creeks

Noise from front or rear mate? If rear then maybe a handbrake line is stuck or the pads inside the drum. Take off the wheel and give the drum a few hammers.

its from the front but i solved most of the noise issue now, one of the wishbone bolts had come very loose, i tightened that right back up and now its still got the buckled wheel feel / a bit bouncy im not sure how to describe it but its worse going round corners, feels like im shimmying across the road, i had the wheel off and it does run freely, checked that the suspension is all tight and it is, so i really dont know what the issue is, any more suggestions guys? the only noise now, is like when i set off there is a bit of a knock like before, but just not as bad so im wondering if the mounting that the bolt goes through is knackered or something...

Back