HELP WITH COLD AIR INTAKE SYSTEM

It's not uncommon for this to break off making your only options to tape it back on or follow guides to renew.
I'd like to do the latter. But so far it's going well. Only downside with taping it is you need to periodically check to see that it's got a good connection. So that no hot air is being inducted.
That is the quick and cheap method however should you want to make it more permanent and look better then view John_D's thread on improving the air flow.

Last edited:
It's not uncommon for this to break off making your only options to tape it back on or follow guides to renew.
I'd like to do the latter. But so far it's going well. Only downside with taping it is you need to periodically check to see that it's got a good connection. So that no hot air is being inducted.
That is the quick and cheap method however should you want to make it more permanent and look better then view John_D's thread on improving the air flow.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Micra Sports Club mobile app
thank you so much for your reply - I'm torn as firstly this was has done me very good - 180000 miles so I will probably be having another year with it or just run it in to the ground till it breaks or have a very costly repair to pay and I think air filters are normally about 50 to 100 pounds to repair/replace so I don't know if its worth it rather than just getting tape around it

The air filter cost me about 10 pounds. I fit that myself because the garage does not include in the service. In my case.
This takes a few moments its just a few clips and of course the pipe that is already loose.
The trouble with taping it is the engine moves so this will eventually let go.
Its okay if you don't mind re-attachment often.
After replacing my air filter it was not even that bad condition but it was worth doing just to see how bad it actually was.

Last edited:
This is what I got mine 1.2 , 2005
The air intake is different on some models the fitting has no visible clips on mine so perhaps could just over lap a bigger tube where the connector meets the intake box.

Screenshot_2020-11-12-00-31-00_1.jpg

Sent from my ASUS_T00P using Micra Sports Club mobile app

Last edited:
Here is a link to the thread that John_D posted awhile back this might give you some ideas.
It's definitely better than tape but I understand how much this may cost as I was going to try it till I added up all the items needed.
However if Your keen at diy its worth reading for ideas etc.

Sent from my ASUS_T00P using Micra Sports Club mobile app

Back