Help with cherry engined micra

C

cherrymicra

hey guys are any of you still in contact with umar, or anyone else who's completed a cherry turbo engine into k10 micra conversion.

I have the two cars sitting side by side and i'm needing some advice on what parts to gather together before getting the grinder out and slapping that turbo lump in the micra :upside:

cheers

OP
OP
C

cherrymicra

So does anyone keep in contact with umar, i'm sure he'd be the man to speak to for some advice on the swap.

What do you want to know about the conversion? I've done it when I was 16 years old, so it isn't difficult...

You need to custom made all the engine and gearbox mounts and modify the gear change rods. It'll fit in to engine bay of the Micra without cutting anything, but it's a tight fit. You also have to shorten the drive shafts and use the front wheel hubs from N12. I made it so, that I positioned the engine and the gearbox so that the right drive shaft fits ok. Then I took the right drive shaft from B11 diesel Sunny and shortened it to right lenght of the left drive shaft and made the (I'm not sure about that word in english) bores to fit it to outer joint. I used the N13 Sunny radiator and custom made the pipes for it. I also made the whole electric system of the car new by myself and there by I got the fuel injection system work. I used the Cherry turbo fuel pump and modified it to fit in to the fuel tank of Micra.

Questions? :)

OP
OP
C

cherrymicra

Ok i have a few questions, how did you get the cherry hubs to fit the micra suspension arms? also did you use the cherry front suspension? otherwise i would have thought the handeling might be a bit dodgey.