Help with boot, petrol and bonnet releases

goldstar0011

Ex. Club Member
Firstly, my bonnet won't open when the release is pulled, I've cleaned the catch, feels like it isn't pulling enough to release, any suggestions?

Secondly, boot/petrol release is broke, the end of the wire thats connects to the lever has bust, any ideas on fixing?

Cheers

dunno bout ur boot/petrol but for your bonnet. I just had this problem the other day when i fitted my new bonnet. The catch thing, it has 3 x 12mm bolts in it. If they become slightly loose, the catch will move down the front panel and so be too far for the bonnet to catch on too. Undo the 3 bolts, shift the catch upwards and wedge a spanner or something under easch side, make sure its pushed up as far as possible and then tighten them up and give it a go. If its not that then i dunno, oh you could try to see if bonnet is alligned properly i.e. same gap between bonnet and panel on each side?

Many years later:
Had same prob as Goldstar - pulling the release felt normal but bonnet not pop up an inch as usual.
Got a friend to lift the bonnet whilst I held the release from inside, and it opened an inch as it normally would, but locked again as he let go!!
Second time I got friend to keep holding bonnet up whilst I went to the front and released the safety catch as nomal.
Success!!
It seems the mechanism that normally springs the bonnet open an inch has seized.
Hope this is useful for others.

Back