help with basic mods

I

insane_lewis

i dont have much money because the managment on my clio went bang, and i am at 6th form, but iwant my k11 looking sweet for cheap,any one got any ideas? i got my sounds. i would like body ideas

many thanks

OP
OP
I

insane_lewis

cool, already thought of all tht, how much u wreckon it would cost to colour code??

and i cant get rid of all tht stick stuff under the strips??

OP
OP
I

insane_lewis

cool, already thought of all tht, how much u wreckon it would cost to colour code??

and i cant get rid of all tht sticky stuff under the strips??

OP
OP
I

insane_lewis

and i cant get rid of all tht sticky stuff under the strips??

Davey C

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
bout £20 for paint, easy really.

and gett the sticky stuff off with intensive tar remover and your thumb...expect blisters lol. worth it in the end tho

Dave

NeX

You're after my robot bee
Club Member
yo insane_lewis, send me a mail and i'll send you a copy of my guide for taking the bump strips off :)

the guide is in the guides section but you won't be able to get at it so i can send it to you in an attachment.

what about cutting the grill and mesh?

go to halfords and get some paint mixed up, £10 a can, it's fine as long as you know how to paint :)

J

jonnyjr

How do I access the archives as i have tried repeatedly but it will not let me, it says i may have been banned or trying to access a restricted area.

Any help apreciated.

Jon

solarice

Ex. Club Member
ok im gonna let you in on a little secret....well it might be :)

if your looking to mesh anything, but dont want to spend loads of money on the metal stuff. you can go to a garden centre you know the green mesh stuff (thicker more ridged sort) for plants etc thats on those big rolls.

You can use that, obviously it will need painting to the colour your after. but very easy and very cheap. Once its painted and behind the grill cant even tell the difference.

honest :)

K

K11_Dave

RE: RE: help with basic mods

ChuckleBunny said:
so how do u go about doing it? o_O

glue gun and tin snips.

Cut mesh to size, stick it on with glue gun or mastic

solarice

Ex. Club Member
just to clarify, the mesh i was refering to is the stiff plastic type. only tested on smaller areas, dunno how it would hold up on larger areas, but normal bumper holes etc no probs.

and yeah, glue gun or similar.

quickdraw

Ex. Club Member
ChuckleBunny said:
so how do u go about doing it? o_O

call me stupid. but..

first of all. look in your local yellow pages of yell.com
find the local garden centre under its relevant pages.
then
if you dont know the exact location purchase. or take out of the bottom drawer the A to Z of your local area.
then within the back there is a contents page that informs you of all the roads within your area. locate the road of which thisgarden centre is on.
find out what is the best route for you to take.
then
wrap up warm its cold this time of year. i suggest a nice fleece.
then go outside to the car of your choice. preferably your own, people tend not to like you taking their cars. especially without the concent.(hint at this point: neither do the police and they get kinda agravated at it also and chase after ou for no apparent reason other than this)

then following the routes you found to be the easiest. guide your self to the location of the garden centre.

once at the garden centre use the manouvers practics over and over in the lessons you were given prior to being giving the holy grail of a driving liscence.

park in an appropriate place. (designated parking places are normally provided by such places)

then enter the centre (making sure it is open o the public) (again the owner tend not to like you entering when they are supposedly closed and nobody is there: also police again get agravated and again may set chase)

once within the compounds guide your self to the eisles within which said item is located.
once located. place into barrow/troolloy prived by the propriator. again route yourself to the checkout.
this should be manned by a person EMPLOYED by the owners of said centre.
if nobody is there. locate someone. again they dont like you leaving the place with their stuff. again police tent to set chase.

once purchased. normally for exchange of english curency (my country of origin)

then go back to the designated parking place of which you left your car (hopefully at this point the car is still intact and all its contents still there) place the said item into the vehicle and set off home using the route you took to the centre but in reverse.

once home. sit back and smile
your mission is accomplished. and you may set to modifying your car with some cheap plastic wrap that will be the laughing stock of those you try and impress :D

yours

wayne

solarice

Ex. Club Member
sarcasm anyone :)

obviously mesh etc would require careful choice....if youve actually ever looked....there virtually exactly the same in design as the metal stuff.

at the end of the day pay about a quid, two at most. if it turns out crap, remove it. i think id rather have the extra £'s in my pocket.

quickdraw

Ex. Club Member
ps sorry for the long post above.
but i will be available tonight after 10 for those who wish for the guide to be made oficial i shall make it into a pdf and sort accordingly

Glenn

Ex. Club Member
Davey C said:
colour code everything you can and remove the bump strips

these are prob 2 of the easyest mods you can do..i am gettin mine colour coded this weekend!! should look good.

Attachments

• DSCF0001.JPG
    DSCF0001.JPG
    88.5 KB · Views: 235
  • DSCF0008.JPG
    DSCF0008.JPG
    90.2 KB · Views: 232