Help!The wife's bought a micra...

I have been looking for a reliable second car that is simple to maintain and cheap to run.....

My wife found a K10 1.2 micra on ebay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271012613...X:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_1984wt_1270 that looked nice and bought it.
I think she might have paid a bit to much so i need to make sure its all good when i pick it up tomorrow.

Hopefully she's found a good one...... Could someone please let me know what to look out for.....

Thanks and i've got hours of reading up ahead of me:confused:

Welcome :) Nice looking car that mate. Better spending that sort of money on a K10 than something like a corsa or punto :) I have been running my 10 for about 18months now and can honestly say it is one of the best cars I have ever had, my kids love it too, although it is no longer quite standard :D Probably the biggest issue is the dreaded tinworm, usually on the rear of the sill/arches but it would seem that has been taken care of. What you will want to do is get some security on the car as they are not secure at all. I was waiting at some traffic lights a while ago and some scrote crossing the road informed me ' I used to steal those for a living '. I just have a simple alarm and a stoplock on mine and it seems to do the trick......touch wood. If anything does go wrong it is usually very cheap and very simple to rectify. You've already taken a step in the right direction by joining the MSC as there is so much knowledge, support and enthusiasm for all things micra. Dont be afraid to ask questions or ask for help, the majority of members are all too pleased to help. It may be your wifes car but I think you may be quite tempted to borrow it now and again, they are that sort of car :D Enjoy it, I'm sure you will. Regards Ade

OP
OP
M
Thank you for the advice and the warm welcome Ade.....:).....The security side of things i had not even considered,Back to ebay for a steering lock:D.

I will take the sellers offer of putting the car up on his lift and have a good look around. I'am quite looking forward to driving IT ...(no name as yet) home.

Have got my day insurance ready for tomorrow, a can a petrol, towrope and some tools........Just in case :D.

Guy

Has gone over to the oily side...
Club Member
Welcome Mark :). Dunno how old you are but I learned to drive in a K10, great little cars and easy to maintain compared to todays all electronic jobs.

Ian

Ex. Club Member
To be honest mate, I think she got a steal, a 1.2 GS in that condition is a great find, there's not many of them about like that now.

OP
OP
M
Went to pick up the car and found the radiator was full of a mixture of coolant and black oil floating on top. The seller assured me it was not the head gasket!!!!!!:rolleyes:. But i decided not to buy the car.......
So back to looking for the right car.

OP
OP
M
Still running around in my Mercedes A class until i can find the right K10.......As a second car the Merc is to complicated with ESP/Traction ABS and the likes.:confused:. I need a car that can be left for weeks and then when needed will start and run,
Good Micra K10's are getting hard to find.......;)