Help spec'ing a pc

OP
OP
mike

mike

I love Ed!!!!
thats what's broke, had 167 errors on one stick and over 300 errors on the other and the board is fried.

oooooooh good call on the Motherboard! I love my Asus motherboard, its the p5ad2e........off the top of my head. Great fun running the processor at 4.1GHz. lol

I would say so yeah but then it depends what you want it for, the E6750 is better, faster and you can have more fun with it (especially with the over-clocking tools) but with the difference of £5...............sod it get the E6750 you would be daft not to!

No its not the same as mine, but around the same spec. *edit possibly better than mine
This is what i will be upgrading to next year
http://www.dabs.com/productview.asp...avigationKey=11022,50626,405070000,4294953919

goldstar0011

Ex. Club Member
I just bought this mobo

this RAM

Got an E6300 Core2 cheap (decent fan and it's clockable to 3ghz)
Using Nvidia 7800GT (overclocked)

R6 Vegas runs very very nice, I will test on Gears of War when they patch it, programs run nice and fast!

The mobo has 2x IDE if you have more than 1 IDE hard drive still, the RAM is a nice 800mhz, am getting more.

PeteST24

Ex. Club Member
Mike,

What do you want the computer to do?

I have 2x Nvidia 6600 GT's 128Mb PCI-E with the SLI card if you are interested.

OP
OP
mike

mike

I love Ed!!!!
building something that will last 3-4 years, currently looking at a 512mb 8800GT and extending my budget

Kev

Pro Cut Vinyl
Founding Member
Official MSC Trader
I have been looking at them but i really want a 8800GT so im securing myself a bit against the future and im not too keen on the motherboard

I'm looking at a new machine, I've had the same one for about 6 years now lol!

What's your thoughts on the above machine on ebay? Why aren't you keen on the Motherboard?

Kev

OP
OP
mike

mike

I love Ed!!!!
Have you checked other online retailors?
scan.co.uk may work out cheaper. There's also www.overclockers.co.uk www.ebuyer.com www.rlsupplies.co.uk www.novatech.co.uk and www.aria.co.uk

Have checked all of them, aria are the cheapest by £15. Only problem i am having is that their is a world wide sortage of 8800 chips so i can get a PC but have no graphics :(

I'm looking at a new machine, I've had the same one for about 6 years now lol!

What's your thoughts on the above machine on ebay? Why aren't you keen on the Motherboard?

Kev

asus currently make the best motherboards for the socket 775 intel chips, i have been informed that the pick of the bunch on a cost vs performance scale is the P5B, P5K and possibly the P5N-E SLI. They offer good overcloking facilities and dependent on the motherboard they have inbuilt cooler to cool the temp of the PC by up to 15 degree's

Kev

Pro Cut Vinyl
Founding Member
Official MSC Trader
Have checked all of them, aria are the cheapest by £15. Only problem i am having is that their is a world wide sortage of 8800 chips so i can get a PC but have no graphics :(

asus currently make the best motherboards for the socket 775 intel chips, i have been informed that the pick of the bunch on a cost vs performance scale is the P5B, P5K and possibly the P5N-E SLI. They offer good overcloking facilities and dependent on the motherboard they have inbuilt cooler to cool the temp of the PC by up to 15 degree's

Well I won't be looking at anything like that really, but as an overall PC, are they good value for money?

Kev

PeteST24

Ex. Club Member
The only thing that would worry me with the computer from Ebay is the 4GB of memory. Some applications (mostly games I guess) will have trouble with them as they can not run 64bit yet. And with 4GB Ram you are running in 64bit maths.

Other than that it looks sound to me