Help please (car not starting)

R

Robin Cooper

I had a problem the other day wid ma car nt starting, I have just cum back from ma mates and my car want start it turns other and i can smell the fuel so suspect an electrical fault, any ideas of what this could be?

Possibly flooding itself. Take the fuse out for the fuel pump and then turn it over it should run dry. Then put the fuse back in, let it sit for a bit and then try again.

Titch :kungfu:

i think anything post 95 has nats. There is a usually a sticker on the window with a picture of an eagal that says "NATS"

im not saying it is NATS, but it could be that causing the problem. Happened to some other people. its the nissan anti-theft system. Its an imobilzer, but they sometimes go wrong. I think its a £300 job from nissan to fix it.

Robin Cooper said:
Is that the ainti theft system?

if so how would you tell?

If there is a red (can also be blue I think) square on one of the corners of the plastic bit of your key then you have nats, if it is smooth and oval-shaped, then you don't.
97 almost cert. will have NATS.

Is there a spark?

yeh nats has the red square oon the key and has nats writen on the key, i have check all simple stuff.

Not tried yet. Can that be done by removing the plug and turning the engine over with the plug attached to the lead and earthed

Robin Cooper said:
Not tried yet. Can that be done by removing the plug and turning the engine over with the plug attached to the lead and earthed

yes.

also get in your car, turn off anything that can make a noise, blowers, radio etc.... turn the key to ignition so the lights come on, listen carefully for a quite humming sound, thats the fuel pump priming itself, if you cant hear it, then could be a problem with that

Distributor Leads

My mum's K11 has been doing this recently - mostly on wet days..

I've swapped the leads from another Micra to isolate the problem, and so far - touch wood it seems to have worked. Try changing your leads mate and see if that helps.

I noticed my mums car had what looks like non standard leads...

Back