Help needed with wheel trims

Hi I am new to this site and after some help locating some elusive wheel trims. I have a 1992 k reg 1.2ls micra in great condition with only 46k on the clock and I want to keep it as much original as possible. It has the original 13" Nissan light silver wheel trims part no KE403-31B95 fitted to steel rims 40300-24B00. I have one trim which is badly in need of replacing, what's keeping it on I do not know! They do not make them like that any more. The others are a bit scratched so if I could find 4 nice new ones that would be great.

I have tried Nissan and have been told they can not get them any more. I reluctantly thought I would just have to fit a generic 13" plastic trims, but when they arrived there was no way they would go on and in fact the plastic was very poor and they broke in doing so.

I finally found a guy on eBay selling 4 x 13" brand new original trims of a different pattern and part no 40315-5F800 all in their original Nissan bags. I could not believe my luck! They arrived and with great joy I tried to fit them and again they will not fit! The steel wire is a bigger diameter than the original when compared. The guy is happy to have them back for a full refund but I am confused as to why I am having such an issue in getting some trims to fit. The tyres say R13 as well by the way. It's almost the steel wheels are a funny internal profile preventing the fitment. Any suggestions or previous experience of this problem?

I had thought of giving up and just respraying the steel wheels but on removing the trims there are no bearing cover things on the front two wheels to protect them from the dirt and water. Is it still possible to get new covers, if so from where? Were the k10s originally fitted with these or not? My mother in law had the car practically from new so she would have not done anything different to the car.

Any help and advice would be gratefully received.

pork

Club Member
The centre caps your after are quite rare now, I was after a set forever and jus gave up, I've put a set of the k11 steels on mine and the centre caps for those are available if your goin for the stock lock, but they are 14 inch.

OP
OP
L
Hi, thanks Black Jack, here's a photo attached. My trim has the part no marked on the inside.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    360 KB · Views: 796
OP
OP
L
Pork, that sounds an expensive option with having to replace all the tyres as well as the rims. Are the wheel studs the same?

RTLkyuubi

Ex. Club Member
with it being a 92 1.2 it should have the 13' wheels on it. Just check to make sure it hasnt got the 12' wheels of the early model on it.

OP
OP
L
with it being a 92 1.2 it should have the 13' wheels on it. Just check to make sure it hasnt got the 12' wheels of the early model on it.

Unless you can fit 13" tyres onto 12" rims I do not think this is likely. As mentioned in the OP, the car has been in the family for all it's life and is original as it comes. Thanks anyway.