HELP needed tonite or no donny show!!

R

RIK

r8, jus changed my cam cover over from my old one to a painted one today,everything went how it shuld av:),bout half an hour later went out in the car to giv it a wash in town ,noticed a cloud of blue smoke following me in my mirror,

so thought ok a bit of oil bein burnt from changing cam cover over ,should go after a bit of driving about,
oil light stays on long time after starting

but no! it gets wors and then starts to missfire :(

av i done somethin wrong changin cam cover over? or is my car dead ,seems strange that it happend after i change cam cover over,it was runnin fine before,

any help? i need to try get it fixed tonite if i can.

get the old cam cover back on, top up with oil, run it for ten mins stationary then go for a five min drive and report back.

rite,i cant get the old one till 7.30,cos its not at my house!
but will try that

ive had it back off and the breathers arnt blocked and thers no oil getting into the spark plugs,

but what if a drop has gone down into one of the plugs? would this cause it r would it have burnt off by now?

ive put my nissan leads back on aswell

wel the engines no gud na,,,,dunno wots up with it, its don over 100k it needs major work onit to get it runin bak to norm ,and i goto make my mind up to take it out n put a 1.6 init,or another 1.3,or sell the car(break it) n buy another car altogether.....im really pissed off na n it had to happen day before the show,,

i really dont know what to suggest, it doesnt sound to healthy but if it was running fine before then it should still be running fine now no matter which head is on.

keep ya chin, up disasters DO happen and most frequently whilst moddifying cars it seems. It is a curse to modify a car im sure of it, thats why its so pleasing when it goes right.

my chin is DOWN! n cant c it cumin up til am bak on the road,,my uncle recons it looks like its burnin feul not oil (white smoke)

and now noticed a knoking sound from inside the engine.and doesn't pull in any gear,smokes really really badlike its on fire!! the exhaust is wet thru inside! and strugles to start and tik over

cant think ov anything else to add but am sure sum thing else will fuk up tomorow!!

found out today,4th cylinder has no compression(rings gone)
the knockin sound is the crack redy to go,and was missing cos the plug was oiled up,,just a coinsidence that it happend after changing the cam cover,

so the car wasnt on the stand at donny but i went on foot n the msc looked sweet!(even without my beast their)

so my plan now is tomorow my spare engine is coming out,redy to be put in my car,,jus need to fone a few garages for prices to fit it on monday.

thing is the spare engine has no cams cos i tuk em out to sell em, now ive herd you have to take the head off to put cams back in ,but i dunno,

if i cant get it fitted quikly n cheap by a garage,,im lookin into puttin a 1.6 in myself n gettin another car to drive whilst thats off the road

Back