Help needed on how to read fault codes P-Reg 1.0L K11

Hi all

Having just replaced the front crossmember and sorted the brakes the car flew through it's MOT.

However, it seems to be using a fair amount of fuel as of late and also doesn't run quite as smoothly.

I would appreciate any advice on how to check the fault codes.

I also own an MX5 which is easy to get the fault codes out of it by shorting the connector and counting the flashes of the light. I presume it's similar on the Micra. 1 Short Flash = 1 unit and 1 Long Flash = 10

Does anyone know where the diagnostic connector is? And can anyone tell me what flashes corresponds to each fault? I have a table to read off when checking my MX5.

Many thanks in advance

Paul

mullet

Ex. Club Member
is it not in with the fuse box im sure i seen mines in there but it could be another plug
but appart from that i havent a clue about diagnostics

joesouthgate

Super Moderator
Club Member
the dignostics plug is by the fuse box (right of the steering wheel and down) can't remember reading fault codes, says on here somewhere, and in the haynes.

If it's using a lot of fuel and isn't running smoothly I'd personally be tempted to check there's nothing wrong with the throttle body. When my throttle body went the car ran like a tractor and drank like a uni student.

Thanks for all the replies chaps. All sorted now managed to get codes. There were non. Also checked the O2 sensor - functioning correctly.

Thanks for the offer of the RAC Diagnostics scanner - very kind of you

Paul