Help needed - anyone with a K12 with single DIN CD/radio fitted

Hi :)

I'm in need of a bit of help tracking down a part... I have a 2005 K12 Micra with the double DIN 6 CD changer, and I want to replace it with a new single DIN head unit.

What I'd like to do is get hold of the frame that surrounds the single DIN stereo on the Micras that have that, including the little storage box above it, and fit that in my car... which seems like it should be possible, as it's definitely possible to do it the other way round to fit a double DIN head unit to a Micra with single DIN radio.

I've just tried calling my local Nissan dealer, and they said that without a specific chassis number, there are 11 different parts for that and they can't get any more details about what each one is.

So if anyone can help, what I need is either the part number (or numbers) for the frame and storage box around the radio on a Micra with a single DIN radio, or the chassis number or registration number of a Micra that came with a single DIN radio (the parts guy at the Nissan dealer I called seem to be able to look mine up using just the registration number).

Or if anyone else has replaced the head unit in a Micra that comes with a 6 CD changer with a single DIN one, what did you do to get it to fit?

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give :)

2008 Micra c+c single din....wanting double din surround!

Hi
Ok, its over 2 years since you posted....hopefully someone can help! I have a single din surround with storage container above...but want a double din vent/surround unit....however, I can not seem to find anything anywhere.....Nissan/web/etc are not much help....
I have a 2008 c+c single din facsia but need to find the part number (or a swap!) for a double din facsia..
Please someone help!!! :) :*
Thanks
Marta

Hiya,

I managed to get mine sorted with the proper parts from Nissan, but I seem to have forgotten exactly how because I've just re-read my original post and it said they weren't much help for me either! lol...

Thinking about it more, I think what happened was that I realised one of my online friends actually had a Micra with exactly the part I needed, so I just got his registration number (not even chassis number or anything), went back in to the local Nissan dealer and told the parts guy, who looked it up on their system and got a diagram up showing all the parts. There was a bit of confusion with there being two parts in that area with weird names, so even the parts guy couldn't figure out what was what, and I ended up having to order the second part too after we got just the one that sounded most likely and found it was missing the actual storage container part. Yours should be more straightforward though, as it's just one part for the double DIN surround.

I still have mine, but I'm not sure whether I would want to get rid of it, as I still have the original 6 CD changer too and might want to put it back to it's original condition if I ever sell the car. If you want though, I could send you my registration number in a private message so you could try to get the parts from Nissan the same way I did, or I might be able to see if there is a part number on it (but not just yet because I'm a few hundred miles away from it right now!)

I'm not quite sure whether the vent surround in a C+C would be the same as mine though, especially a 2008 one. Have you found any pictures of the double DIN surround in a C+C like yours? Or could you send a picture of yours so I can see if it looks the same as mine does now?

Back