HELP, mojo failing and NO brakes

they bled through brilliantly second time round and no air or leaks that I know of!

now the problem they simply don't work at all theres no pedal, can be pumped and get a little pedal but, leave it for 30 secs and the pedal has gone.

I had all the calipers removed for cleaning, inspection and replace the pads. the only piston I touched were one of the rears where the dust boot was replaced, as well as the seal.

any help greatly appreciated

nah, you either have air trapped somewhere, or a piston is retracting, so a clamp on the rubbers will pinpoint where

i see the system was left to drip so it may have caused an air trap, what would cause a piston to retract like that? and how could it be stopped?

also whats the best way of removing an air trap dude? as it does build a tiny amoutn of pressure but it doesnt last as i said below im happy to try anything before i start replacing more parts

if the self adjusters are,nt set right the rear pistons can retract when you lift the pedal will (giving a long pedal)
and sometimes the front pistons can retract as you,re trying to bleed them (so you,re just pushing the same fluid up and down the system),
the remedy for that is to give the pedal a few pumps, then open the nipple and then close it before lifting

thats another thing i was wondering how are the rear adjusted adjusted or re-set? these are rear calipers with handbrake section on the outside and not a tiddly little drum....

done a google and not much luck only one theory i can try

seems that the pistons should be fully reversed into the cylinder and then once done do not touch the handbrake untill the rears have been fully pressed upto the pads

I had the rear callipers upside down on the wrong sides so trapped air! Hand brake is kinda naff maybe needs new cables

Thanks for the help

when i have had problems bleeding difficult braking system i have turned to a pressure bleed system,i have used the gunsons eezibleed kit and its fab ,you can change the brake fluid in 10 minutes max .

Hi! Sorry to hijack this tread but i have a problem. I did a rebuild on all 4 calipers, fronts are from a sunny with vented discs, also new braided hoses. The system was left to drip so i guess i have an air trap somewhere. I bleed the brakes according to the haynes manual with the rear axle lifted so the brake bias adjuster lets fluid through and i also bleed the master cilinder wich helped a little but still the pedal goes straight to the floor with verry little braking actually happening.

Any help or ideas would be great! tnx!

I used a Gunson kit when I changed my front hoses - worked a treat. Also, when bleeding calipers, a few light clonks with a hammer helps dislodge any air bubbles :).

Back