Help Micra only running on one cylinder

I have a 94 K11 Micra that is only running on one cylinder. I have tried everything i can think of to fix this. I have replaced the distributer, plugs, leads, injectors, throttle body, ECU and have done a compression test. Can anyone think of anything else to try pls.

gtsnissanb

Official MSC Trader
I have a 94 K11 Micra that is only running on one cylinder. I have tried everything i can think of to fix this. I have replaced the distributer, plugs, leads, injectors, throttle body, ECU and have done a compression test. Can anyone think of anything else to try pls.

Erm one cylinder? How the hell is that possible!
Anyway have you checked all the wires?

Are you getting a spark at all 4? Take the leads off one by one, put a spark plug in it, earth the end of the plug and turn the engine over whilst looking for a spark. You will need two people.
Are you getting fuel at all 4? Check for wet plugs on non firing cylinders. Could put an led across the plug and check for flashing.

I think your engine can´t run more than a pair of seconds having three dead cylinders and if it can will work like a dog with distemper. Your engine has a coil in each cylinder?

im the op's friend it runs on 1 cylinder, sounds like a lawnmower, he did a compression test and the cylinder thats running is down on compression and the rest have good compressionfwn

frank

Club Member
im the op's friend it runs on 1 cylinder, sounds like a lawnmower, he did a compression test and the cylinder thats running is down on compression and the rest have good compressionfwn

has he checked for 4 sparks and tried some fuel down the t/b ?

thanks frank, wat happened was that he kept driving it for ages with no petrol and eventually after driving for ages and few miles trip home, he went to start it the next morning and wouldnt start

frank

Club Member
thanks frank, wat happened was that he kept driving it for ages with no petrol and eventually after driving for ages and few miles trip home, he went to start it the next morning and wouldnt start

i would guess it simply ran out of petrol, then in the process of fitting all the replacement parts something may have gone amiss :eek:
1 gall of petrol is often not enough to restart the car when you have ran it dry

Stani1029

Club Member
Its something simple, has to be. My car was totally screwed, no fuel/spark but turned over. Was a fuse!! If its running on 1 the answer is somewhere right in front of you lol you need to check if all 4 injectors are firing. Then if all 4 plugs have a spark

Remove the fuel rail with everything connected and slide a piece of paper or cardboard underneath and turn it over. The paper will show which injectors are firing. If its only 1 try moving it to the opposite side of the rail and see what happens then

r-reg-sr

-------
Site Supporter
mashed throttle boddy done that to my lx 1.0 years ago. at idle it was running crap,engine visibly shaking on idle(egg smell)
when reved up like on motorway run it would run normal again. swapped with good throttle body fixed him up good(egg smell gone)