Help me-my seat belt has just given way!

J

jesskatk11

I was just about to go shoppin in good old Stockport when I pulled my seat belt round me and heard something drop/give/break and now my seat belt is compleltely slack. Its broke and wont go back in. I dont wanna crash and go flying ! It 6 yr old k11 s. Do I have to take it to a dealer? any advice most welcome. please

if its not got a pretensioner for when you crash (possibly hasnt) a trip to the scrapyard to find a replcement would do...fairly easy to replace aswell, once you get all the trim panels off.

6year old, then it will do. They came on series 2 prefacelifts iirc. Amanda's has a pretensioner on hers, had to sort it the other week.

i think it has a pretensioner as it mentioned somethin in manual as its linked to my airbag. Something dropped or fell to the bottom inside it. Iv figured that my local garage can get a cheaper part for me and fit. But for the moment Its illegal to drive :down: so im not chancing it.

Iv only been driving since Oct 2005 and not driving it until its sorted feels like Ive lost something in my life .... ok maybe slight over exaggeration there...ahem...

thanks but what i had to do is take it into a garage. they got some spares from scrap but even they didnt fit! The 'standard' one they got doesnt fit and neither do the scrap yard ones from a micra.Then they found it had pretensioner...ie electrics and now they say its best to conact nissan. but they wont get part til tuesday. all weekend without my micra :glare: it been in there since wednesday ... but hoo. If still no luck i may contact Layla .thank you

How much was your seatbelt from Nissan??

I had an "accident" where I accidently cut part of my seatbelt off (don't ask!!) so need one asap

good question . i actually dont know and i probably wont know until i get the bill, as the whole thing needs replacing its goin to be more, Im not sure how much just the belt is but il let you know how much its costing.

Back