Help in wiring front driving/fog lights.

Haylz

Ex. Club Member
Could someone please tell me the best way to wire up the front driving lights please?

At first I wanted them on a switch to be used as fog lamps but after reading a few different threads on here and finding out that the bulbs are really bright I would like to have them wired so they work automatically with main beam.

Someone said to me yesterday that some non super S actually have the super S wiring and the connectors for the fogs could be tucked away. If this is the case if I plug the connectors from the fogs into them is that all that needs to be done and will they automatically come on with main beam?

The other alternative and probably the easiest option will be to use the wiring that's already in for the aftermarket fogs I have fitted and just use them with the aftermarket switch that's already in. The only thing I don't like about this way is that if I have them on while driving at night and another vehicle comes in the opposite direction then I have to dip my headlights and remember to switch the fogs off at the switch (if the lights are as bright as I'm told they are) as my aftermarket ones are wired so they can be switched on when I want providing my sidelights or headlights are on.

sorry for the long post that probably doesn't make much sense lol

Haylz

Andrew said:
Are they fog lamps or driving lamps?

well, some people have said they're driving lights and some people have said they're fog lamps so not entirely sure.

I have bought a super s bumper which has the lights already in so I suppose they could be whatever I want them to be.

i thought driving lights had to be at headlight level to be driving lights, and fog lights at a lower level than the headlights?

Back