HELP! I'm just about to get a k10!

Hello!

I am looking at a 1987 GSX with 30k on the clock. Its had 3 owners and the pictures of it are immaculate. When I questioned its papers the seller said that there weren't many when he bought the car. Genuine mileage?

I was wondering if there are any specifics I need to look out for when I go to view it. I has got an MOT till next Feb so the mechanics should be fine but if there's any parts which are prone to rust? or typical k10 faults to look out for? If you could let me know I'd be grateful.

One more thing, based on what I said how much should I be expected to pay. We have semi-settled at 600 but should I try and pay less? perhaps 550?

Thanks for your time!

if the mileage turns out not to be genuine. As in, it is more than expected. well the high mileage ones tend to start using oil and water, if so walk away unless your willing to pay for a fair few repair bills.

Under the rear seat is a common rust spot either side. I'd definitely check that out. Other than that they're pretty solid and reliable cars :)

Thankyou very much!

Any guidelines on the sort of price I should pay? He's asking for 600, is that reasonable is all the above is clear?

If as described, 600 sounds about right from what I've seen. K11's rust more than 10's, so you should be fine on that front.. Good luck!

'Sent from my bed using paper planes'

Ok, ideal. While I'm there I'll try to knock a few quid off.

I'll post on here what happens, cheers for all the help.
Good, always a little bit of haggling to do.
Keep us in the loop. :)

'Sent from my bed using paper planes'

Pop off the little plastic covers on the rear suspension turrets in the boot, seen a few k10's that have almost rusted all way through

Back