help clutch problem

mohammed

Ex. Club Member
hello everyone i brought a luk clutch 2 months ago and got it fitted to my micra k11 1.4. then i got a problem with it. it would start to squeak but when i would push the clutch in. the noice would go away. i took it to my locial garge they go ur release bearings no good. i went back to the spare shop and he gave me another luk clutch. its been 2 weeks since i got this one fitted and its give me the same problem. what shall i do now. do i go back and get another copy clutch or shall i buy the original.
help would be appreciated

solarice

Ex. Club Member
id get it replaced if its a fault...i guess you could get them to switch it with another unit from another manufcaturer, though tbh ive never had any issues with luk clutches.

richj

Deactivated Account
Sounds like the release bearing needs some copper grease. Was the new clutch fitten with a new release bearing?

solarice

Ex. Club Member
blue print are known to be decent clutches (50% of my clutch setup is one of their's)...but if its a design fault / garage install fault then you shouldnt need to be paying again for more parts.

OP
OP
M

mohammed

Ex. Club Member
the garge guy he'z my mate he normally does skyline and other powerfull cars. just done me a fava. solarice what do u think abt original clutch

OP
OP
M

mohammed

Ex. Club Member
frank the company said we won't give me thrust bearing bt we can give u new clutch with bearings. i dnt no whats that abt

frank

Club Member
frank the company said we won't give me thrust bearing bt we can give u new clutch with bearings. i dnt no whats that abt

a 3 piece clutch kit is, the friction plate, the pressure plate and the thrust race/bearing mohammed, and most people change all 3 together :)

solarice

Ex. Club Member
ah right :)

well ive never bought a factory spec clutch...but i have heard before that nissan used luk ones. Im still suprised the bearing has gone possibly twice in such a short time...maybe ask luk about its warrenty policy cos it should still be in one.