Help Advice needed on Alternator removsal

Please help advice needed. The alternator failed on my daughters 2009 1.2 K12 at the weekend. Ordered a recon one and thought it would be a simple swap LOL. Eventually after removing the left engine mount and lowering the engine on a trolley jack, i managed to remove the lower alternator bolt and free the alternator, thought that would be the hardest bit.
Now I'm struggling to actually get the old alternator out of the engine bay. too tight at the top and aircon compressor in the way underneath. Given up for tonight as got too dark. Has anybody got any tips on the best way to get it out and the new one in for when I resume tomorrow??
TIA/Cheers :)

Was going to do same to remove the manifold bolts.
When I read the Haynes manual it said take the engine mount and alternator off.
Anyhow I've been putting off doing the job for sometime.
As my aim is to replace the heatshield.
I can't say for sure but think the air con pipe in the way maybe needs disconnecting.
For my case the alternator is fine but the manifold bolt is under the alternator.
Once I do return to working on my k12 I will be sure to take a few pictures and add any points that help to remove the item hastle free as possible.
Because I've looked around and not really found any decent guide for the k12 micra. The Haynes manual seems to be a little confusing.
I was told best to remove the front bumper and radiator.
The alternator should have room to be removed from above one would expect.
BTW take a picture or two if you can they would be much appreciated.

OP
OP
I
Was going to do same to remove the manifold bolts.
When I read the Haynes manual it said take the engine mount and alternator off.
Anyhow I've been putting off doing the job for sometime.
As my aim is to replace the heatshield.
I can't say for sure but think the air con pipe in the way maybe needs disconnecting.
For my case the alternator is fine but the manifold bolt is under the alternator.
Once I do return to working on my k12 I will be sure to take a few pictures and add any points that help to remove the item hastle free as possible.
Because I've looked around and not really found any decent guide for the k12 micra. The Haynes manual seems to be a little confusing.
I was told best to remove the front bumper and radiator.
The alternator should have room to be removed from above one would expect.
BTW take a picture or two if you can they would be much appreciated.
Thanks for your reply. Sorry I didn't see it before I kicked off again at lunchtime so didn't get any pics :-( I didn't need to remove the bumper or radiator in the end, but had taken the 2 front grills/indicators out to give a bit better access.
I eventually managed to wriggle the old one out after carefully bending the aircon pipe and dipstick tube a little to the right so they were out of the way. The new one then went in and I could bent the pipes back again to their original positions and fit everything back again.
Back on the road again now :)

That's great you managed to get it replaced.
Word of warning tho with the dipstick.
Be very careful with the tube if that's what you were bending because the can dislodge from the engine.
Mine actually moves around just thought I would mention that for you and anyone else that may change the alternator.
And thank you for the explanation of how you went about replacement it will help me a lot and hopefully many others also in future.
Glad to hear that you got it all up and running again that's awesome.