Help!! 1.3 sounds like a diesel engine

I swaped a cg10 with a cg13, and it runs but the sound is alot different than the cg10, seems like a diesel engine, almost like a tractor. Does anyone know if its normal for this engine?

Enviado do meu MI 5 através do Tapatalk

Initially was much worse until I disassembled the engine to refit the timing chain, but now sems like hes rattling

Okok I'll check on that, but any more options of what it could be? I think I should tell you that the head was shimed by 1mm

And one thing, do I go to stock ignition timing on 1mm, or could I advance it a little more?

frank

Club Member
i always left the bottom chain in situ, then wedged the tensioner with hacksaw blades (to stop it ratcheting outwards) then remove 1 sprocket and set the cams, all at tdc

The chains seems to be in place, but noticed the upper tensioner goes back and forward while the engine is running, is it normal?

I noticed that if I put my finger behind the upper tensioner the sound decreases a little, could be the tensioners?
And I opened the head ports and my afr hits 16s and 17s at full throttle beyond 4k rpm.
Does the 1.0 ecu handle the 1.3 engine?

frank

Club Member
yes it could be the lower tensioner if the diesel noise fades a bit when you raise the rpm, i had one that sounded like that when the lower tensioner oil hole blocked up (its very small) and the 1mm headskim will have made it worse