Hello

good afternoon I'm neil from Swindon, looking to get a micra k11 as a project to turbo.

I'm no way a mechanic but I'm ok working on cars I'm confident that I can do it the tinternet is a useful tool with YouTube forums ect so..
I'm looking at getting a 1300

im thinking of going the sleeper route,

If some one would be kind enough to compile a list of parts that will be needed so I can research that would be appreciated I don't want to do a mental build ideally want to bolt on the turbo and a remap.
I want to lower it and strip interior add buckets and a sub I'm planning on a budget build

Thank you

Hi Neil,
Apologies for the length of time it took to get your first post approved.

Looking forward to seeing how you get on.
I’m only 40 mins down the road in Newbury, give me a shout if you’d ever like to meet up and talk Micra.

good afternoon I'm neil from Swindon, looking to get a micra k11 as a project to turbo.

I'm no way a mechanic but I'm ok working on cars I'm confident that I can do it the tinternet is a useful tool with YouTube forums ect so..
I'm looking at getting a 1300

im thinking of going the sleeper route,

If some one would be kind enough to compile a list of parts that will be needed so I can research that would be appreciated I don't want to do a mental build ideally want to bolt on the turbo and a remap.
I want to lower it and strip interior add buckets and a sub I'm planning on a budget build

Thank you

Look at my build thread if you want a simple turbo build. Cost me less than £500 and heavily inspired by the micra wizard Frank. Feel free to pm me any questions as I'm doing my second turbo build in the coming months. I personally recommend 1.0 engines as they're so cheap!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wasn’t aware you had a blog RYB, I’m sure it will be useful to Neil, and I think I’ll go and have a look just out of curiosity too!!

I wasn’t aware you had a blog RYB, I’m sure it will be useful to Neil, and I think I’ll go and have a look just out of curiosity too!!

Most of the posts I did were all in one day, I'm useless online really I don't even Facebook . Plus I was off here for 6 months building my civic track car. I'm aiming to have my new turbo build documented much better though as following franks and pollymobiles blogs over the years helped me massively.

Look at my build thread if you want a simple turbo build. Cost me less than £500 and heavily inspired by the micra wizard Frank. Feel free to pm me any questions as I'm doing my second turbo build in the coming months. I personally recommend 1.0 engines as they're so cheap!

Sorry for late reply I joined the Facebook group and frank has been helpful ( I think it's him) I've just brought a 1.0l coilpack.

It's been sat nearly a year but started regularly, got it home and had a little drive got it up to temp, top and bottom rad hoses hot fan kicks in temp goes up to middle and that's where it stays, oil cap has mayo but I'm thinking it's due to being sat and started but not driven,

Plan on changing fluids &a filters and then do compression test. It's done 2k since last mot and has 87k on it, will have a read now

Sorry for late reply I joined the Facebook group and frank has been helpful ( I think it's him) I've just brought a 1.0l coilpack.

It's been sat nearly a year but started regularly, got it home and had a little drive got it up to temp, top and bottom rad hoses hot fan kicks in temp goes up to middle and that's where it stays, oil cap has mayo but I'm thinking it's due to being sat and started but not driven,

Plan on changing fluids &a filters and then do compression test. It's done 2k since last mot and has 87k on it, will have a read now
Keep us updated on the forums too Neil. :)

Will do,
As you can see above I have micra now , little earlier than expected but could t turn it down possible hgf ( previous owner diagnosed) was fine before it was sat, they had sold it but overheated and new owner brought it back, I've driven it and had it idling for about half an hour after it got to temp and it's not overheated, fan kicks in ect as above really.. £75 87k no mot, could be a bargain but if I'm going to turbo it anyway a little extra work that's all.

I'm a complete novice and is my first ever build

Back