Hello from the U.S.!!! Looking for help!

Hello all! I am looking to see if anyone can shed some light on a project for me? I am a mechanic and recently had a Fire truck come into my shop that as near as I can track down is a Nissan ma10s engine operating the pump unit, this was a unit designed to be a portable unit but has been mounted on this truck. It was made by Godiva in Warwick, England, I contacted Godiva and they sent me some literature but said parts are no longer supported or available. So here is where things get tricky for me, this engine was apparently never offered in the U.S. so I cannot look up parts... long story short it has an electronic ignition that was made specifically for Godiva and I believe the ignition module box is going bad. It will fire up and run like a dream for about 5 minutes then loses power, after a few minute cool down it will fire up and run again for a couple minutes then loses fire again. So essentially I think I would like to find a point style distributor. But I am having no luck... I was hoping somebody here might be able to point me in the right direction of where I might be able to purchase one? Or a part number? Anything??
Sorry for the long post but any advice or recommendations would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you for your time,
Billy

Frank, thank you for the reply and suggestion, I will certainly give that a try. Curious where you are located and if you may have any insight on companies that might rebuild and sell distributors like this? The brands of parts over seas are completely different than here in the states, and I am hitting a brick wall trying to find anything at all for this engine.
Thanks again,
Billy

birmingham mate, fig owners and grasstrack racers tend to hoard stuff like k10 dizzy,s
the later ones were a transistorised type (post 90 ?)

Not currently but I can get some in the morning if it’ll help. I did find a place I believe in Japan Amayama whom list a part number 22100-01B01 and according to the diagram it shows to be a points distributor. Can anyone confirm if this a points distributor that would fit in a MA10?
Thanks!

Frank, I cannot say thank you enough for taking the time to answer my questions I really appreciate it! I emailed that company to see if that distributor was actually still available to purchase or not I’ll see if I hear back from them. One other strange thing I ran into on this fire pump setup is that instead of an alternator bolted to it it has a stator setup in the flywheel area, while it appears to be working properly I was just curious if the cars were that way? Or something else specific to Godiva fire company... Unfortunately I can’t even find a repair manual or anything here in the states.

the k11 engnes (cg) were used on forklifts etc billy, i had an lpg one from a refrigerator pump that had a massive pulley and cam lobes machined down
sounds your ma engine was a forerunner for those ? that stator setup s a new one on me
the haynes manual s very detailed on your engine

Back