Hello from Poland - new member but old love for the micra

Hi All,

My name is Andrew and I am from Warsaw, Poland. I had a few micras in my life and always enjoyed this little vehicle due to its specific character and beauty, good performance and great reliability. My first was my moms k10 1.0 5D in silver. I did all the training on this car and it has never let me down even once. Second micra was my Super S beast micra on nitrous - it was a blueish one with lots of body changes and quite quick on nitrous. Due to my ignorance I blew the engine twice in that car :) Then I had 2 other micras which I got for cheap and then resold with a profit (wheeler dealer style). Then I had like 4 other cars and now sporting a Toyota MR-S in TTE package, but was looking for a car for my girl: guess what I found a SuperS in mint condition from Germany 139KM ok clock, A/C, sunroof, electric windows, etc. Since that purchase and few rides I compared this car to the other cars I had - well Micra is in my top 3 list. I could not restrain myself from modding it so I had to refresh my memory about this car and decided to use this forum as a good reference and with the presence of few "hardcore" guys from here it is a great refreshment!

My first steps on the "new" 1996 Super S in grey-purplish metalic color:

- The car had basically no brakes from standing a long time so I sourced some Sunny calipers and vented disks + new brakes in rear + new fluid.
- The suspension was far from my liking so I got: 4 lowering springs @ -35mm. I trimmed the front additional 15mm gave new gas Tokico shocks, new topmounts. Chcecked all the bushes and were fine, just replaced the front+ rear swaybar links and the steering rack ends. At the end I went for a wheel alignment. What a difference! Rear shock need replacing IMO and will go for the same setup as fronts + replace few bushes as I hear a bit of noise coming from the rear.
- The car got some new dizzy parts, new cables, Bosch Super4 spark plugs, new filters, oil in motor and gearbox, also replaced the switch in the ignition barrel as these are prone to fail often.
- after a while I changed the oem airbox for Ebb's design - an air horn from a local speaker shop - very nice difference the car breathes. The low cone gives a bit better throttle response, a longer one gives a bit more of power up top.

What needs to be fixed:

- lower front bar (rotten)
- rust spots on the very bottom of sills in the rear panels and some tiny rust spots in the booth lid under the window (typical problems)
- mechanical polishing of the chassis
- rear suspension (not really a fix but need to upgrade for perfect balance)

Next upgrades:

- need that Frank type exh manifold ASAP or cube mani would be nice too. The AC must stay!
- OEM nissan wheels probably 14's + spacers for the look and ride
- I have access to numerous GA15 T/B - I think there are 2 types tho. They are relatively inexpensive here - go, no go?
- Injectors (same as above)
- Is touching the rest of the exhaust except the mani a good idea if car is only to be tuned to about 100hp @ fly? Ebb;s testing has proven that that gives basically no gain on a lightly tuned cg13
- compression?
- finally how to manage the ECU - maybe just FPR would do the trick? Can I tune with Consult??
- other mods for future - bucket + belts maybe cage....

I love that car so much I think I will give my MR-S to my girl for the time I play with the SuperS :))

Telll me guys your opinions. Thank you!

solarice

Ex. Club Member
Welcome, sounds like you're well on your way.

Your rust issues are pretty normal and straight forward to fix (as you probably know), so should'nt be too much of a headache / delay to your upgrades :D

Oh and theres bound to be a request for pics, so get em up haha.

frank

Club Member
hi muniek :)
the GA15 t/b is a direct fit apparently, and the pink injectors, and i can send you a fillet piece if you want to diy mod your mani :)

OP
OP
M
Guys thank you for your comments and info. Pics will be taken so you can have a look at the ponies in my stable :)

Some proposals for you: GA15 is pretty common in Poland - if you guys want I can source T/b for decent money (usually about 80 pounds + shipping). Injectors are more or less 60 pounds + shipping.

Frank: I understand that you would send me a metal piece that I could weld onto my mani?? I must say that would be the perfect solution if you have a model that you could send - much less hassle and your design is proved over and over again. I would gladly cover the cost - I have paypal if needed or bank transfer - no problem.

So a Frank mani + GA15 inj+t/b should give a decent gain - hopefully it will run nicely without hiccups?

OP
OP
M
How do I post pics? Do I need to upload them onto a storage site and then provide a link or can I post them directly?

Thanks!

OP
OP
M
Some pics for you motor heads :) Pic1: in front of our garage - as yo ucan see we like JDM :). Pic 2: the grey mouse the day I got her - all standard. Pic 3: well a UK site needs some UK motoring - a fully restored by us Jag E-type - classy! Pic4: Lancia Delta Integrale Evo vs Mitsu Lancer Evo 6. Pic 5: Lancia Delta Integrale Evo vs. Renault 5 Turbo 2 :) And there are other ones that I will show sometime soon :) Enjoy!

I can source T/b for decent money (usually about 80 pounds + shipping). Injectors are more or less 60 pounds + shipping.

So a Frank mani + GA15 inj+t/b should give a decent gain - hopefully it will run nicely without hiccups?

First of all YOU WHATif I knew that I would never of paid what I did for mine from Japan

Secondly I've not had mine dyno'd yet but it does feel like it goes better with them but it does lean out briefly at around 4k rpm

OP
OP
M
No problem karlj, we have about 4 for sale currently :) From rolling shells to fully rebuilt as you can see :)

And yes, the t/h cost about 80 pounds here.... would you be able to shoot an exact pic of that t/b - I found that 1996-00 1.5 t/b might be different from 2000- onwards 1.5 t/b...

OP
OP
M
I can also source especially made rear silencers for the k11 @ 70 quid + shipping - very nicely made (mild steel + stainless single 80mm tip). And also a Polish company manufactures sport bushes for the micra - these are also available...

522e2397-ad02-8820.jpg

This is before I fitted it (don't have the car at the moment)

I don't what to pay for it though can you just gift it to me ;p :laugh:

OP
OP
M
thanks for the pics! the t/b has an elkectric connector on the side. Is your single (as in 1 plug) or is it double plug? The plugs align exactly as in oem micra t/b?

Seb_

Give me some frogs.
Site Supporter
Witam!
Poland is a place where people DO know how to fix cars, and which models/brands are resistant to the rust. Cars parts are cheap and mechanics are good. I've bought my black SR bumpers on allegro, the polish ebay. Welcome to the club !

thanks for the pics! the t/b has an elkectric connector on the side. Is your single (as in 1 plug) or is it double plug? The plugs align exactly as in oem micra t/b?

It was completely plug and play the only thing was there was a plastic insert in the maf connector that had to be pulled out, but it fell out for me