Hello from Chicago

Hello,

I just purchased a recently imported Pao off ebay. It's an aqua-gray, automatic with the canvas top. It arrived less than a week ago. It's in excellent condition with about 96,000 kilometers. This car was clearly stored in a garage. I'm still trying to adjust to the right-hand drive. I had trouble at the local parts store today. The car never seems to be listed on any of the American parts lists and neither does the Micra. For now I really need an air filter. Can someone tell me a brand/part number?

Thanks,

Mark
Chicago, USA

Hi, Mark. I have had the same problem with parts stores in the US. Any time I tell someone what I need, they have to know what car the part is for. When they can't find the Pao or Micra/March in their database, they tell me they have nothing to fit my car. I needed coil spring insulators for my new springs and couldn't find anyone who could order according to dimensions. I finally bought strut spring insulators for a Kia Rio and shock spring insulators for a Ford Fiesta. The fit wasn't perfect, but it was good enough.

I managed to find an air filter on ebay. There were actually several oil filters on the shelf at the local parts store that were the right size, but I had to open up each box and compare to the old one. Yes it would be nice if we could order parts by dimension. If you can track down the original part number then infopart.org has a list of aftermarket replacement part numbers.

Thanks. Yes, someone else on this forum mentioned Amayama in Japan. Has anyone in the U.S. used this supplier? Their website says if orders are returned due to being rejected by customs officials at the destination country then Amayama won't refund the customer's money. Has anyone had this problem?

Back