Hello from a newbie and request for help with headlight problem

Hi,

My name's Stu and while trawling the web for help with a problem with a Micra, I stumbled across this forum.

I'm 51, live in Harpenden, Herts and my wife an I each have a Micra - both K12s. Ones an '08 and the other's an '09. Safe to say we like Micras and they've proven to be very reliable. (The theory was that 2 Micras = 1 Mondeo :) ).

The problem is this: The low beam filament on one of the bulbs blew and so I took it to Halfords and had both bulbs replaced. The guy at Halfords struggled to get them out and did quite a bit of shaking. Eventuall,y he removed the height adjustment motors/actuators, replacing them when he'd fitted the new bulbs.

Since then, both headlights have pointed down to a spot around 6 - 10 feet in front of the car. The reflectors themselves don't seem to be angling downwards with the light sure is. The result is that we can't drive it at night.

I took it back to Halfords a week later and a second guy said there was no need for the first guy to have removed the motors/actuators. He removed them again, asked me to select the "lower" position on the switch and refitted them. This hashelped but only very slightly.

I assume Halfords has either damaged something, or there is some trick to removing and/or refitting the motors/actuators but not being that technical, this is more of a guess.

Has anyone experienced the same thing?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Stu

OP
OP
S

Stu

Yup, that's the way it looks. I took it back to Halfords and they had another look but were unable to fix it. The Halfords store than sent me round to one of the proper Halfords workshops with a promise that they would pay for what ever needed doing to fix the problem. Its booked in for Friday and the workshop manager said pretty much what you have - that the lights need removing and setting properly. Hi is concerned that thaey may be damaged, which would mean replacing the lights altogether - £300 to £400!

h701micra

Deactivated Account
That's alot of money for what was a pair of headlight bulbs. At least they are willing to fix the issue and at no cost to you. Just a shame its been such an inconvenience to yourself.

Do keep us updated on how it all pans out and the end result :)