hello everybody

Status
Not open for further replies.
had a loan of a k11 for the last 6 months, been great so far, but just snapped its first clutch cable 5 minutes ago, stuck on a double yellow o_O

is it quite an easy fix ? i'm used to working on mini's so should manage it myself, but is there much involved ? don't have a haynes yet looking for an online version.

any advice well appreciated

cheers
snapper (of clutch cable)

jim_bling

Ex. Club Member
welcome to the wonderful world that is micra enjoy your stay

haha to ya user name i cant see it being that hard mate but i havnt had to replace one yet

im sure some one will be along soon to tell you

frank

Club Member
hi snapper (Y), yeh they,re a doddle, 10mm open end and a torch (to see where to hook it on the pedal)

OP
OP
S
cheers for the warm welcome guys : )

just had a quick lesson in how to drive without a clutch and got parked up for the night somewhere where the traffic wardens don't lurk (not easy).

found a cable on ebay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=130242753515 does that look about right ? reckon anywhere local (edinburgh) might have one ? are nissan dealership usually a rip off ?

took a bunch of pics to try and see where the cable goes, might post a few to see if anyone can explain, sounds easy enough though... get a 10mm spanner, drill and remove all the screws for the dash.

Just wondering how to get to the other end of the cable, ie the clutch end... underneath crawling about i guess. best place to jack up the micra ? might get a haynes out the library tomorrow.

many thanks
snapper

GuyH08

Ex. Club Member

just had a quick lesson in how to drive without a clutch and got parked up for the night somewhere where the traffic wardens don't lurk (not easy).

found a cable on ebay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=130242753515 does that look about right ? reckon anywhere local (edinburgh) might have one ? are nissan dealership usually a rip off ?

took a bunch of pics to try and see where the cable goes, might post a few to see if anyone can explain, sounds easy enough though... get a 10mm spanner, drill and remove all the screws for the dash.

Just wondering how to get to the other end of the cable, ie the clutch end... underneath crawling about i guess. best place to jack up the micra ? might get a haynes out the library tomorrow.

many thanks
snapper

How did you drive without a clutch fwn lol

OP
OP
S
heh, i meant to say "drive without a clutch *control*"

bump start it in 1st, blip the throttle and when the revs start to fall, slip it into second, basically blip it, wait 1/2 sec or less and get it into neutral or the next gear, just have to match the revs to the gear... wouldn't recommend it on a busy road!

frank

Club Member

many thanks
snapper

that cable looks ok to me, and just shine a torch at the top of the pedal and you,ll see where to hook it on, then hook the other end on the arm (below the battery) and adjust to suit :)

OP
OP
S
that cable looks ok to me, and just shine a torch at the top of the pedal and you,ll see where to hook it on, then hook the other end on the arm (below the battery) and adjust to suit :)

ah, so that's where it goes (Y)

just cycled 8 miles to pick up my new cable from unipart bloody knackered :sleepy:

is it worth removing the dash/centre console to get in to the pedal first ?

cheers

Antony

Ex. Club Member
heh, i meant to say "drive without a clutch *control*"

bump start it in 1st, blip the throttle and when the revs start to fall, slip it into second, basically blip it, wait 1/2 sec or less and get it into neutral or the next gear, just have to match the revs to the gear... wouldn't recommend it on a busy road!

i do that all the time, using my quick shifter and rev matching the gearbox. saves some time but im sure its wearing something out..lol

OP
OP
S
fixed it!

what a dirty swine of a job, gave myself a headrush from lying on my head under the pedals.

top tip: use your right hand to hook it on the pedal, awkwardly tried with my left hand for 2 hours, was about to give up when i tried with my right (it's a really tight squeeze) but got it within 2 minutes!

...then it started to #### down so left reassembly till tomorrow.

bloody cable was intact, it was the stupid *bakalite* WTF! end clip that had broken off!

you reckon they design them that way on purpose ?

a) they break before the clutch goes ?
b) to save money on a metal end clip (stingy b*st*rds)
c) to line up work for nissan dealerships ?

Status
Not open for further replies.