hello everybody

Status
Not open for further replies.
had a loan of a k11 for the last 6 months, been great so far, but just snapped its first clutch cable 5 minutes ago, stuck on a double yellow o_O

is it quite an easy fix ? i'm used to working on mini's so should manage it myself, but is there much involved ? don't have a haynes yet looking for an online version.

any advice well appreciated

cheers
snapper (of clutch cable)

welcome to the wonderful world that is micra enjoy your stay

haha to ya user name i cant see it being that hard mate but i havnt had to replace one yet

im sure some one will be along soon to tell you

hi snapper (Y), yeh they,re a doddle, 10mm open end and a torch (to see where to hook it on the pedal)

cheers for the warm welcome guys : )

just had a quick lesson in how to drive without a clutch and got parked up for the night somewhere where the traffic wardens don't lurk (not easy).

found a cable on ebay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=130242753515 does that look about right ? reckon anywhere local (edinburgh) might have one ? are nissan dealership usually a rip off ?

took a bunch of pics to try and see where the cable goes, might post a few to see if anyone can explain, sounds easy enough though... get a 10mm spanner, drill and remove all the screws for the dash.

Just wondering how to get to the other end of the cable, ie the clutch end... underneath crawling about i guess. best place to jack up the micra ? might get a haynes out the library tomorrow.

many thanks
snapper

just had a quick lesson in how to drive without a clutch and got parked up for the night somewhere where the traffic wardens don't lurk (not easy).

found a cable on ebay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=130242753515 does that look about right ? reckon anywhere local (edinburgh) might have one ? are nissan dealership usually a rip off ?

took a bunch of pics to try and see where the cable goes, might post a few to see if anyone can explain, sounds easy enough though... get a 10mm spanner, drill and remove all the screws for the dash.

Just wondering how to get to the other end of the cable, ie the clutch end... underneath crawling about i guess. best place to jack up the micra ? might get a haynes out the library tomorrow.

many thanks
snapper

How did you drive without a clutch fwn lol

heh, i meant to say "drive without a clutch *control*"

bump start it in 1st, blip the throttle and when the revs start to fall, slip it into second, basically blip it, wait 1/2 sec or less and get it into neutral or the next gear, just have to match the revs to the gear... wouldn't recommend it on a busy road!

many thanks
snapper

that cable looks ok to me, and just shine a torch at the top of the pedal and you,ll see where to hook it on, then hook the other end on the arm (below the battery) and adjust to suit :)

that cable looks ok to me, and just shine a torch at the top of the pedal and you,ll see where to hook it on, then hook the other end on the arm (below the battery) and adjust to suit :)

ah, so that's where it goes (Y)

just cycled 8 miles to pick up my new cable from unipart bloody knackered :sleepy:

is it worth removing the dash/centre console to get in to the pedal first ?

cheers

heh, i meant to say "drive without a clutch *control*"

bump start it in 1st, blip the throttle and when the revs start to fall, slip it into second, basically blip it, wait 1/2 sec or less and get it into neutral or the next gear, just have to match the revs to the gear... wouldn't recommend it on a busy road!

i do that all the time, using my quick shifter and rev matching the gearbox. saves some time but im sure its wearing something out..lol

fixed it!

what a dirty swine of a job, gave myself a headrush from lying on my head under the pedals.

top tip: use your right hand to hook it on the pedal, awkwardly tried with my left hand for 2 hours, was about to give up when i tried with my right (it's a really tight squeeze) but got it within 2 minutes!

...then it started to #### down so left reassembly till tomorrow.

bloody cable was intact, it was the stupid *bakalite* WTF! end clip that had broken off!

you reckon they design them that way on purpose ?

a) they break before the clutch goes ?
b) to save money on a metal end clip (stingy b*st*rds)
c) to line up work for nissan dealerships ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back