Hello and a technical query re dashboard

New member here so hello from deepest Gloucestershire to all!

Just been and bought my son his first car today - 2001 K11 1.0s, super low miles, FSH, great condition etc. The only issue with it is that the previous elderly owner thought the grey dashboard gave a bit too much glare on a sunny day so painted the whole dash black, as you do. Sadly he just brushed it on and frankly it doesn't look great. In time we'll be looking to fit a replacement grey dash as I doubt the paint will be able to be removed - my question is, how difficult is it for a total novice with a basic toolkit to remove the whole dashboard and fit a new one? Cheers for any assistance.

Oh and if anyone is breaking a car with a nice grey dash that they're looking to get rid of cheap, I'd love to hear from you. :)

Its not so hard. Drop the steering assembly by undoing the 2 bolts underneath the colum to drop it a bit down. Makes it alot easier to get the complete dash out.

Its not so hard. Drop the steering assembly by undoing the 2 bolts underneath the colum to drop it a bit down. Makes it alot easier to get the complete dash out.

Thanks. I'll have a look in the daylight tomorrow - are there multiple screws, clips etc holding the dash in?