Hello All

hey all,

Have just joined the forum although as of yet dont own a micra but I need tempting! Have posted in the 'about me' bit in introductions!

anyways having recently decided if like something a little cheaper to run, currently driving a peugeot 306 xsi which to be fair isnt a bad car, but with 6 months tax at £125 and a ful tank 65ltrs costing £75 to fill and only returning 375 miles im fed up! ok yes maybe my right foot is a little heavy at times but hoping a micra wont kill me! ha!

so anyway i need tempting to buy one! so tempt away.....

whats the best age ones to get?
ive seen a few 2001-2002 ones with low miles for a fair price.

can someone or people tell me of common problems to look for etc?

Thanks in advance
Dan

Stani1029

Club Member
Look out for rust on the inner/outer cills and front crossmember. Everything else can be fixed easily. As for tax its about £125 for the year and im £50 for 300 miles mixed driving in my 1.3

Anderson

Buy & Sell Member
After 10 mins of looking at your question this is how i will tempt you to buy a nissan micra.........

Its a Nissan Micra

OP
OP
C
So pre-98? Why is that? Surely a newer car would be better with lower miles? (only saying that cos I've seen a few lol)

Anyhow yes, Anderson agreed it's a micra! I'm not looking for it to blow me away! However I will no doubt be makin some subtle mods to make it slightly less of an eye sore!

So is rusting a major issue on the micra if not looked after?

nope rusting is a little issue just on the cross member and sills but if looked after its fine!!!!

and pre-98s are my favourite and they can take a little more fiddling

Dave_Ally

Ex. Club Member
I have a 2000 with coilpacks, there's nothing wrong with the coilpack engines - on every K11 it's the throttle bodies that can be dodgy. Pre coils need soldering, those with can require a new MAF sensor or a replacement in some cases. Mine was detecting lean condition in the fuel/air mix because throttle body was playing up (MAF and an air leak in my case) and the oxygen sensor was playing up because the replacement wasn't genuine.

They're all nice to drive, I had a '98 1.3 aswell as this '00 1.4 and they were both equally nice to drive (though I love the vented front discs for stopping power on this one). It's all down to personal preference and giving it a good checkover before buying I would say.

Anderson

Buy & Sell Member
Anderson agreed it's a micra! I'm not looking for it to blow me away! However I will no doubt be makin some subtle mods to make it slightly less of an eye sore!

So is rusting a major issue on the micra if not looked after?

Firstly Look at mintyfresh or martins micra, super s bumpers and spolier and low enough to kiss speedbumps and the micra looks far better than any equivalent genre car.

Sils and front crossmemeber are the main spots to watch for. Although the front crossmember isnt a MOT fail unless its deemed really dangerous. Even this isnt a big issue i had my sil welded for £35

weestar84

Jonc aka jeannie mo beal
get a k10 :laugh: ok ok im biest but i love my k10 soooo much lol anyways welcome to the forum and im sure whatever micra you decide to get you will love it to bits ;)