Heating not getting warm ?

I woke up this morning for work de iced my car and ran it for about 10mins to clear the screen i drove to work about 20mins and when i got to work it was still blowing cold air out
Any one know why ?

Scott

Can you get a pic of your heater control unit?

Edit: I think you use outside air to come into your car. ( use this logo which is circle around the car)

Yea He use this button switch which is outside air come in. its only come from top vents.

I will upload a pic of mine later on. It will make sense for you......

Just out of interest, will a P reg shape have one of those heater cards? mine work after a while but just wondering anyway :)

check your heater knob hasn't slipped several teeth, make sure by turning it to cold and if it doesn't line up, force it anticlockwise a few clicks until it does.

Is there a valve that controls hot water coming into the heater core inside the car? Just wondering, my VWs I used to own once had the wire that opens and closes this valve slip and I wouldn't get hot air either.

B1627C85-A964-49F1-9452-732F51AAED3D-1816-000002351FE464E5.jpg

Settings i used

sounds like everything is right

but.....................

you need to check with your coolant water level. if its low then the heat will not come properly. tell me what is your coolant level atm? if its low then you need to top up in coolant water container and radiator . (at maximum level so you can see the mark on it) DONT USE WATER ONLY! USE COOLANT LIQUID TO MIX WITH WATER

is it clean or cloudy brown coolant water? if its dirt/cloudy coolant water then you need to flush everything with coolant pipes and radiator then put new coolant water. (DONT USE WATER ONLY! USE COOLANT LIQUID TO MIX WITH WATER)

if this heat not come properly again then you might need to change new thermostat cos it may stuck open and wont allow your engine to warm up.

jk

Back