heater

R

RTLkyuubi54

for some dodgy reason, when i put my heater on the window or foot setting warm air comes out, but when i put it on the face setting only cold air is blowing out....

Any idea's anyone?

Ryan.

curtis

Ex. Club Member
this happend in both of my K10's, well come to think of it i never had hot air come out of them....slightly cold/warm air sometimes...

ollyc98

Ex. Club Member
That happened to mine after I fixed it with a mallet, hot everywhere but the face. Anyone know how to fix it?

OP
OP
R

RTLkyuubi54

this happend in both of my K10's, well come to think of it i never had hot air come out of them....slightly cold/warm air sometimes...

that could be a blocked heater matrix

but in my car nice toasty air comes out of the window and foot settings, but not the face so It cant be the matrix :S

for some dodgy reason, when i put my heater on the window or foot setting warm air comes out, but when i put it on the face setting only cold air is blowing out....

Any idea's anyone?

Ryan.

Yeah i have this problem, more than likely a problem with the heater box behind the dash, perhaps a flap jamming or something.

ollyc98

Ex. Club Member
Were they meant to blow hot air in the face? it just seems strange that 3 of us should have these problems...

Micra 110

Site Supporter
I've noticed that when it's switched from the Windscreen to the Floor it doesn't stay at the same temp...getting chilly feet...

...had a 'clattering' noise behind the dash today. It got louder the higher the speed, so i basically pulled the knobs side to side really quick, changing the air flow and as i was looking into the centre air vents a leaf shot out and went in me gob!....Ptooee..bluergh..

So remember kids,
keep your gob shut when working on important bits of equipment (Y)

I found this site gives good info: http://auto.howstuffworks.com/cooling-system.htm

OP
OP
R

RTLkyuubi54

Yeah i have this problem, more than likely a problem with the heater box behind the dash, perhaps a flap jamming or something.

air comes out though so i dont think its a flap. Ill take the dash appart 1 day soon and have a look.

Ryan.

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Did you read my post? It's not a fault with your car, heater system, pipe work, flaps or anything.

mike

I love Ed!!!!
If you really desperate to fix it follow the following instructions.

1. Wash you car
2. Put for sale sign in window
3. Sell car
4. Buy mk4 k11 or later as these will churn the same type of air out of all vents at the same time

Did you read my post? It's not a fault with your car, heater system, pipe work, flaps or anything.

LOL Mate,,

Nobody is listening HAHA

Let em' dis-assemble it then realise that it is not designed to heat through the face vents chuckle

here it is again

THE FACE VENTS ON A K10 (passenger & driver) ARE COLD AIR ONLY

nothing wrong with your car (except for maybe being a crap design...same as mine and many others)

hissyfizzy

Ex. Club Member
Checked mine today on face it's cold air up and feet its hot air there is nothing you can do to make it hot on the face setting as the unit doesn't look like its capable