Heater Temp Control Knob Slips

How can I fix the above problem, as heater is stuck in cold mode and the temp. control won't turn on the heat! (The heating system doesn't have air-con).

the cables have gone dry , mine would jump a tooth , soo took the heater control unit out and and sprayed wd40 into the cables, they are now nice and free with no problems, just got to do the recirculate cable as thats gone tight now :/

the cables have gone dry , mine would jump a tooth , soo took the heater control unit out and and sprayed wd40 into the cables, they are now nice and free with no problems, just got to do the recirculate cable as thats gone tight now :/

Thanks. I managed to open the water valve by hooking a stiff wire around the part where the cable connects to it and pull it to the "open" position, so I now have heat! This was done in the passenger footwell side under the dashboard where there is a small opening, so I didn't need to remove anything.

However, I would like to examine the plastic gear which the temperature control knob operates the cable, so if you could explain how I go about getting access, I would appreciate it.

Thanks. I managed to open the water valve by hooking a stiff wire around the part where the cable connects to it and pull it to the "open" position, so I now have heat! This was done in the passenger footwell side under the dashboard where there is a small opening, so I didn't need to remove anything.

However, I would like to examine the plastic gear which the temperature control knob operates the cable, so if you could explain how I go about getting access, I would appreciate it.

Take the the center trim off the dash (four screws two just above the stereo and in the ash tray) take that off and the heater is held on by 4 screws. Take them out and is your carefully should be able to wiggle it is angle to inspect ,
Most likely is the cable tho , mine I thought had knocked gears and it would jump and took about 3 attempts to get change the temp and everything was fine just the cable was tight

Take the the center trim off the dash (four screws two just above the stereo and in the ash tray) take that off and the heater is held on by 4 screws. Take them out and is your carefully should be able to wiggle it is angle to inspect ,
Most likely is the cable tho , mine I thought had knocked gears and it would jump and took about 3 attempts to get change the temp and everything was fine just the cable was tight

It looks as if there is wear in the gears; but I can live with it for now since I have heat!

I have the same problem. Have released the control unit and would really like to remove it completely to give the whole thing a good inspection, but am struggling. Any tips on getting it right out?

In addition, somebody has taken the matrix out of the system and connected the hoses under the unit. Coupling the above issue with the fact that it will only blow at setting 4 (new resistor ordered today) I am 'hoping' that a previous owner connected the hoses during summer when they may have only had hot air at setting 4 as their solution to the problem and that I don't have a matrix leak as well.

Want to fix these 2 issues before reconnecting the pipes under the bonnet.

Hello im looking for this plastic gear, have you found the part#